If I was Ryan Moats, I would've killed someone ...

saw the video already. And it doesn't matter what that cop said..... The one that was calling the shots was the one that keep moats there and that cop had reason to keep him there.

This is the most interesting part of the story:

Dallas police Chief David Kunkle faced reporters Thursday afternoon to express his embarrassment over the incident and to publicly apologize to the family. He said the officer involved failed to use common sense.

Last I checked, the police are here to protect and serve. What was he doing here? Any good human being would have let him go. Even a skeptical cop could have walked in there with Moats.

He didn't run over a person on his way or anything like that. There was no threat by Moats to anyone. By the letter of the law Ryan Moats comitted a crime...but we aren't talking about murder...it was a damn empty intersection.

Chelo you know I like ya but come on, there is a big difference between doing your job and being a prick. This cop was/is a prick and does not deserve the shield. He can't even follow the "to protect and to serve" part.

This is the most interesting part of the story:

Dallas police Chief David Kunkle faced reporters Thursday afternoon to express his embarrassment over the incident and to publicly apologize to the family. He said the officer involved failed to use common sense.

That is just because he is a pro football player if it was anyone the Chief would not give a crap.

All I'm saying is that both sides did wrong, but the Cop should have exercised better judgment and let Moats at least go up and say good-bye to his mother-in-law once he got his license. He could have taken his keys too if he was so worried that Moats was going to run away or be a wanted man.

Lisa is Right they both did wrong. But the Cop didn't use his head. He had plenty of chances to correct his mistake but refused to at that time. When he gets in trouble about it then his attitude changes . He could have wrote a ticket all day to Moats But at the same could have done this while moats went up to see his inlaw.

After listening to the video, it seems that Moats does calm down and says Yes, Sir to the officer about 50 times, but then the Officer keeps lecturing him and keeps talking. Initially, I don't like the way Moats responds, but he is also probably upset. After he realizes that this officer is talking about screwing up his life and taking him to jail, he just decides that his only response will be yes sir. After watching the video, I still think the officer oversteps his bounds after Moats calms down by detaining him even when the nurse comes.

I am saying the same thing both sides are wrong. And the cop by no means should get fired for this.

I am saying the same thing both sides are wrong. And the cop by no means should get fired for this.
yes he should. nurses told him multiple times and another cop told him that he needed to let Moats go.

The cop is a POS and should get a bullet to the head IYAM.

yes he should. nurses told him multiple times and another cop told him that he needed to let Moats go.

The cop is a POS and should get a bullet to the head IYAM.

I don't care if god came down and told the cop to let him go...... the cop was doing his job. If you break the law you break the law. Deal with it!

P.s. are you doing this just because josh asked for everyone the let it go snice he had to come home to my bad mood.

Which I'm not in a bad mood or haven't I been. I just think that both parties were in the wrong and the cop isn't the only one to blame!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ride along with cops from time to time and can tell you that this cop was a complete D-BAG. I'm not sure if Moats should have run a red light as he could have caused an accident, but at least he had his hazards on and that should have been a clue to the officer. What if his wife was having a baby? Would the officer stand there and try to be a bigger man and use his power to threaten him... I think the officer is in the wrong, not sure he should be fired but some definite training is coming his way. Although, no punishment at this point will allow Moats to see his dying relative...

Back