If I was Ryan Moats, I would've killed someone ...

I hate how the Article says "who is black" about Moats what the F did that have to do anything? The cop was a prick that does not make him a racist.

It's the society we live in. Plus the incident happened in Texas. There are racially motived crimes there all the time. That's why the article said it.

And Moats said he looked both ways, until it was clear and rolled through the red light. Everyone here would do the same and act the same if they were in Moats shoes. To say you wouldn't, well, that's just being plain ignorant.

I applaud Moats for maintaining his composure. Cop should get axed. Even the Chief of Police said it was completely wrong what the cop did. Plus, did the officer really need to search his vehicle throughly ? And the 15 minute lecture ? He's not 12 years old and playing with a lighter ...

It's the society we live in. Plus the incident happened in Texas. There are racially motived crimes there all the time. That's why the article said it.

And Moats said he looked both ways, until it was clear and rolled through the red light. Everyone here would do the same and act the same if they were in Moats shoes. To say you wouldn't, well, that's just being plain ignorant.

I applaud Moats for maintaining his composure. Cop should get axed. Even the Chief of Police said it was completely wrong what the cop did. Plus, did the officer really need to search his vehicle throughly ? And the 15 minute lecture ? He's not 12 years old and playing with a lighter ...

I agree I would of done the same thing at the red light.

The cop did what he was suppose to do. Even when he held Moats there it was for a just cause. Moat did break the law and was being rude to the cop. No one knows why the cop keep him there, but in the end the cop really did nothing wrong. Well when he yelled at Moats he was wrong but in the same aspect Moats was yelling and screaming. Maybe if Moats would have handle himself differently then the cop may have been nicer no one knows. But there was wrong on both ends of this story.

I agree I would have ran the red light but I don't think that Moats maintained his composure..... he was being rude to that cop.

I missed where he was being rude the article says he was syaing "Yes Sir". Now did he say "yes sir" or was it "Ya sure" (sorry mabye a bad time for a Super Troopers refrance but I could not help myself :)

My whole thing is that Moats is obviously in a high pressure and emotional situation....I don't blame him for being rude - if he was. I would have been rude probably too. It's like are you seriously hassling me right now? I just want to say good-bye to my mother-in-law.

My whole thing is that Moats is obviously in a high pressure and emotional situation....I don't blame him for being rude - if he was. I would have been rude probably too. It's like are you seriously hassling me right now? I just want to say good-bye to my mother-in-law.

I don't blame him for being rude. To be honest I would be the last person to fight that cause because I can be rude for a lot less. I'm just saying the the cop was doing his best and he is just another human.

Vet- He was being rude when you see the video. I would have been too but you can't blame the cop for what happened. The cop was doing his job!

I don't blame him for being rude. To be honest I would be the last person to fight that cause because I can be rude for a lot less. I'm just saying the the cop was doing his best and he is just another human.

Vet- He was being rude when you see the video. I would have been too but you can't blame the cop for what happened. The cop was doing his job!

The cop went beyond his job when he threatened to take Moats to jail and tow his truck. He also overstepped his job when he continued to detain Moats and his relative even when hospital personnel came out to tell Moats that his mother-in-law was almost gone.

The cop went beyond his job when he threatened to take Moats to jail and tow his truck. He also overstepped his job when he continued to detain Moats and his relative even when hospital personnel came out to tell Moats that his mother-in-law was almost gone.

he didn't go beyond his job when he said that! First it wasn't a threat.... he said that he could and he could have. And so hospital personnel came out, it doesn't mean that Moats didn't do anything wrong. Moats was in the wrong and the cop did what he had to do. I think it's sad that he could say bye to his mother-in -law but I no way was it the cops fault. Moat took the chance by running the red light. If this was just the average joe off the street, the cop won't be in trouble for what he did...... because what he did was "by the book".

saw the video already. And it doesn't matter what that cop said..... The one that was calling the shots was the one that keep moats there and that cop had reason to keep him there.

Cops are supposed to be stern in certain situations, and compassionate in others. This was obviously the time to be compassionate, and he should have done everything in his power to help a person in need. He failed to do so, and some sort of punishment should be handed down.

Back