My Graphing Thread

Well my friend and I hit up the Cavs after the Nets game tonight. Didn't go too well for me.

Anthony Parker 1/2
Omri Casspi 1/2
Lester Hudson 1/1

IMG01120.jpg

The big bummer was Kyrie Irving didn't travel. It was crowded today, I'd say little more than the first time with the Wiz. Unfortunately I didn't have things for bunch of players, such as Alonzo Gee and Tristan Thompson. I was hoping to get a photo and the UNC piece signed by Jamison but he didn't sign for too many. Byron Scott, Varejao and Walton didn't sign. Some other coaches I couldn't recognize. Next up could be the Celtics Saturday night.

Hey guys, thought I'd create another entry into my little series "Signature Chronicles".

Now this goes back to the first time I ever got an autograph. June or July 1995. The Devils swept the Red Wings for the Stanley Cup. I was really developing an interest in sports that year. When my dad got home, he told me about something going on with the Devils. 3 of them (Martin Brodeur, Scott Stevens and Randy McKay) would be at a Macy's. We all waited 4 hours (2 hours outside and 2 hours inside) to meet them. I don't remember anything specifically about anything; if anything interesting happen, if you had to buy something or you could do whatever. They signed a Stanley Cup hat for me. Not a very interesting story but it is noteworthy because this was my first autograph experience. I will get a pic of the hat in the next couple days. I'll try to tomorrow but I have to see how busy I'll be.

Cool story otis. It's nice that you got to have some of those experiences with your dad. Definitely something that will be burned into your memory banks for the rest of your life. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome.

Well yesterday I went into the city. Heat were playing the Knicks and Angels were finishing a series up with the Yankees. I ran into a problem in the morning. When I was in Times Square, I got a text from one of my buddies. He was told the Heat were staying in New Jersey. After all, the Heat were playing the Nets the next day, but I didn't even think of that. So now I could cross the Heat off the list. Couple hours later, it was time for the Angels. I did good with them. I got:

Chris Iannetta 2/2
Vernon Wells 1/1 8x10 (This guy is a class act)
Coach Alfredo Griffin 1/2
Erick Aybar 2/2
Torii Hunter 1/2 (I was the last one he signed for)
Mark Trumbo 1/1
Peter Bourjos 1/2
C.J. Wilson 1/1
Isringhausen 1/1 photo paper (I actually forgot my 8x10, but now I can get him on a better image)

IMG01122.jpg

IMG01123.jpg

I missed Scott Downs and Jerome Williams. I was close on Scioscia. Haren, Weaver, Izturis, Kendrick, Morales and Abreu didn't sign. Oh yeah, Pujols didn't sign either. I'll have to see if I hit anything up this week. But next Weds I'm aiming for the Clippers and Marlins. Thanks for reading.

Thanks Mark! I'm looking to get any other #1 draft picks over the years. In retrospect, it may have been a better idea to make one for Rookies of the Year. But it's still cool.

Thanks Mark! I'm looking to get any other #1 draft picks over the years. In retrospect, it may have been a better idea to make one for Rookies of the Year. But it's still cool.

Really cool idea, looking forward to seeing it complete :)

Well guys, I have a couple things going on this week. Tonight I'm going to the Nets final home game in New Jersey. I don't like that they are moving to Brooklyn but I have to be there. This is going to be a special night. I am going to do my autograph thing but focus more on the Nets of course. A bunch of former Nets will be honored too so I hope I can get them. They'll be doing a bunch of giveaways too. Wish me luck. Also Weds I will go in the city for the Marlins and Clippers.

I actually didn't know the Nets were moving. That's unfortunate, especially for guys like you who go to the games fairly often. Good luck tonight, though. Hopefully you'll get some good ones since it's the last night.

Well last night was kind of lousy. Nice halftime ceremony but that's about it. Too bad the Nets lost. I found out there was an event before and after the game for the season ticket holders, the former players before and current team after. During shootaround I went over to the Nets side. I've never seen anything like this, there was barely anyone out there for shootaround. Only 2 or 3 for the Sixers (my friend got Iguodala and Thaddeus Young). For the Nets there was only Jordan Williams, Humphries and MarShon. All I got was:

Jordan Williams - added to Nets 8x10
Also got Coach Mario Elie on 2 cards

I was disappointed that none of the former Nets in attendance were around for shootaround. Some players honored at the half were Darryl Dawkins, Michael Ray Richardson, Kenny Anderson, Derrick Coleman, Otis Birdsong and Kerry Kittles. After the game I checked out the Sixers side outside but they were going out a different way this time. So went over to the Nets side. Apparently I missed some of the formers like Chris Morris and Richardson, who boarded a bus. My friend actually spotted Malik Rose coming out of the employee's exit. He is part of the Sixers broadcasting team. So all I got after was:

Rose 2/2
MarShon Brooks (finally) on Nets 8x10

IMG01132.jpg

IMG01131.jpg

Guy barely signed but I'm glad I finally got him. I heard from a few of the STH's complaining about how unorganized the event after was. That's what I hate about the Nets, they are very poor when it comes to planning things and with promotions. All we got for the final home game ever is a patch and poster. It was for the first 10,000 fans but we ended up getting them after the game. I understand the Nets had a private signing after the game and may not feel like signing anymore, but the for the final game in New Jersey, you should do extra for that particular day for all the fans. The guys are bad signers after games to begin with, so at least stop for us on this special day. And for the former players, they should've had some public event outside for them. Pair some guys at tables and have some small type of fanfest. I'm done with my little rant. I was just expecting a little more. Wish me luck with tomorrow, I will be heading into the city for the Marlins and Clippers. Thanks for reading.

Today started out horribly but got much better. I started out with the Marlins. I printed out something for the first season of the Miami Marlins, I mean I expected to get a bunch of the basic players. But I forgot that the location could be a killer, and this is the only place that's hated. Like the other time I went, I only got ONE person. Chad Gaudin. Got him on the 8x10 and a card. Ozzie didn't sign for me and I missed Morrison and Greg Dobbs. Zambrano, Anibal Sanchez, Hanley, Bonifacio, Josh Johnson and Austin Kearns didn't sign. These guys have really gotten bad over the past couple years. I also missed Buehrle, I was in a different spot and this guy got him. We couldn't stay for the final half hour-hour because we had to run off to our next destination, the Clippers. As you may have found out from me, a few teams may have their own little quirks regarding autographs (sometimes specifically for hotels). For the Clippers currently, their security guy is very strict about them not signing in blue sharpie. But that's only when the guy is around. Unfortunately because of that fool, I got the big one in black. But you can see it.

Bobby Simmons 2/2
Reggie Evans 2/2
Caron Butler 1/2
Blake Griffin 8x10
Foye 1/2
Broadcaster Michael Smith 2/2
Nick Young 2/2
Asst coach Robert Pack 1/2
Kenyon Martin on my Nets poster giveaway from the other night

IMG01137.jpg

IMG01135.jpg

IMG01136.jpg

IMG01138.jpg

I really like that Blake signed for everyone. Coach Vinny Del Negro doesn't sign apparently. Mo Williams only signed for one and Chris Paul didn't sign too many. I missed Eric Bledsoe and I don't think DeAndre Jordan signed. I was disappointed again in how the Marlins were. But I am so glad with how things turned out with the Clippers, that really turned my day around. I'll have to see what I do next. Playoff stuff with the Devils/Rangers/Knicks is a little possible and there's the NFL Draft but I really doubt it. Thanks for reading.

Turns out yesterday one of my friends got me a Dominic Brown autograph. He went to an Allentown Iron Pigs game in PA. He just texted me and told me he was talking with him. Dom is a top guy in the Phillies system.

Very cool that your friends help you out. Do they not collect the autos too, or did he get one for both of you?

Back