My Graphing Thread

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by otis, Jan 18, 2012.

1. This is where I will post my adventures in getting autographs. Today I'm going into the city. I'm a little unsure how things will go but hopefully everything will go right. First, Bill Cosby will be on Jimmy Fallon's show. Cosby is the #1 person I would want to meet I'd have to say. He was my biggest influence and I can't tell you how happy I would be to meet him. But at almost the same time is the time I would need to graph the Suns and Warriors. So I'm really hoping I see him quick enough and then I have to take the subway immediately. The times suck but I cannot miss out on a chance to meet Bill Cosby. I can be slightly late for basketball but I do not want to miss anyone I really want. I just hope everything falls into place. Please wish me a lot of luck.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mike

MikeThrow Up The X! Staff Member

Good luck otis! Hopefully you'll be ablel to meet Bill Cosby. I agree, that would be awesome! There are very few basketball players I'd rather meet. Let us know how it goes.

3. pwolantern

pwolanternTCZ's #1 Manningham collector

Good luck otis! I hope it all works out in your favor.

4. Cool_Hand_Flash

Cool_Hand_FlashI might be crazy.. Proof: I'm the co-owner.

Uuuuh, Bill Cosby.. how cool! Even more so if he's a fave of yours :)

5. Ok so just about everything went wrong. It was bad but not as bad as the first time I went to a hotel. First off I never got to see Cosby. He might have went in underground or something. The little time I was at Fallon's proved to be too long. On my way to the hotel, I was told that most of the players went in already. At least it wasn't a total loss as many of the players didn't end up signing. I hate when you print out a bunch of things (Cosby, Stephen Curry, Ellis, Grant Hill) and end up getting none of them. All I got for today was....

Mark Jackson 1/2
    Hakim Warrick 1/2

At least I finally got Jackson. When he was associated with the Nets, he would never sign for me. I'll get a pic up soon, at least he signed the cooler card.

6. Mike

Well that stinks! At least you got a few, but sorry to hear you didn't get the one you wanted.

7. Cool_Hand_Flash

Sorry about Cosby :(

But cool you got Jackson and Warrick :)

8. Well here it is.

[​IMG]

FYI, he wrote "God Bless" if you couldn't see. My goodness look at that signature. This made me want to do a comparison with an auto I pulled of him maybe 2 years ago.

[​IMG]

9. Mike

Wow! Quite a difference in the 2 autos there. I guess he's getting lazy in his old age. :lol:

I guess I would too, though, if I had signed my name hundreds of thousands of times in my life.

10. Yep that's true. But some people have a nicer signature. Just depends on the person. If you're an athlete, you must be happy if you have a short name haha. David Lee, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, John Wall. I do like having a short name too.

11. Cool_Hand_Flash

Well, I guess signing for a fan is vastly different than having a stack of cards sitting at your house, that you can sign when you have the time..

12. Jeremy

JeremyEu tu America?

I think I've seen some of your mail days on another forum. I look forward to checking this thread.

One of my goals for this year is start TTM'ing..... So expect a PM now and then from me. ;)

I also have a contact in my local city that knows where all the NBA players stay wen they come in town... Now I just need more time.. :(

13. Oh no I don't do TTM. I tried it a little a few years ago but that's it. Thanks for checking out my thread. I'm pretty fortunate to have the info too. I've known this kid since the very first time I started graphing hours before the game. Now I'm one of those few people he doesn't mind telling where they stay. I would go more if the cost to get there wasn't so much.

14. I figured occasionally I would update this thread with notable things I've gotten in the past. Nothing big here but cool stories behind them. First the picture.

[​IMG]

This is back from 2007. This is when I still used black for autos haha. Well first on Ron Johnson. Ron would work out at a gym I used to work at. The father of a girl I went to elementary school with told me this guy used to play for the Giants years ago. He introduced me to him and Ron greeted me everytime he saw me. I eventually found a card of him on eBay and asked him to sign it. Now that I think about it, I think that was the last day I worked there. As for Sam Silas, he was a professor at my college! He was my Fitness For Life teacher. If I'm not mistaken I believe he's one of like 3 former players to have earned a PhD. One day after class I asked him when was the last time he signed an autograph. He had no idea and then I said, "Wellllll can I have your autograph?" :D He got a kick out of that. Gotta love some of the stories behind an autograph.

15. Jeremy

JeremyEu tu America?

I love the stories behind auto's...
    THANKS for sharing.. Hope to read many more from you.