My Graphing Thread

Yep eventually went well. Especially because there were no issues after the game. Got more than half of my autos after.

So I started off with the Penguins/Devils after their game. Couldn't get there a little quicker and it was packed, we were behind 4-5 rows of people. I'd say maybe 100 people there (after the Nets game there were like at most 15 people waiting for the Hornets). I got:

Joe Vitale 1/1
Paul Martin 2/2
Asst coach Tony Granato 2/2 (I'm sure some are familiar with him)

Because of the crowd, I missed out on alot. Fleury, Tyler Kennedy, Crosby, Staal, Letang, Steve Sullivan, few others. I made a card for Richard Park but he didn't sign for anyone. Shortly after was the Hornets/Nets game. I was in my Charlotte Hornets jacket, hat and teal tee. I did get the courtside visit for today. Only downside was he got me a little late. I missed Ariza, Jason Smith and someone else I couldn't recognize. I did get:

Gustavo Ayon 1/1 (custom card)
Marco Belinelli 2/2
Greivis Vasquez 1/1
Chris Kaman 1/2
Jarrett Jack 2/2

Eric Gordon was the only one that didn't really sign. He did however sign at halftime, I didn't get to him. Hornets got a nice win. After the game I was hoping I'd get something thrown from a Hornet but they didn't really throw anything up. This guy asked Kaman for his sneakers and Kaman had this hilarious grumpy look on his face. After the game went outside to the Hornets side and everything went well. For round 2:

Al-Farouq Aminu 1/2
Ariza 1/2
Eric Gordon 1/1 8x10
Lance Thomas 1/1 (another custom, thought it was dope)
Belinelli 1/1
Coach Monty Williams 1/1
Vasquez 1/1 (Pretty funny, he must've recognized me from inside and said "Una otra vez?")
Jason Smith 1/1

I had Smith sign his card when I still had Vasquez's signed card out and he started to sign Vasquez's before he realized it wasn't him. I tried my best removing Smith from Vasquez but my best wasn't good enough. Kaman was the only one that didn't signed after. He was like "I already signed 10,000 inside, I'm not signing." Some of the guys got a good laugh out of that. After that I wanted to check out the Nets side quick to see if my friend could get Deron Williams. As soon as we got there Jordan Farmar stopped to sign. I ran over there in time and got him to sign my Nets 8x10. He signed it upside down though lol. Looks kinda cool. Deron Williams left a few minutes later and some guys tried running after his car.

IMG01091.jpg

IMG01093.jpg

IMG01095.jpg

IMG01097.jpg

It was a long day but a good one. My friend wasn't into as much as me but he did get Adam Henrique, Fred Vinson, Marco Belinelli, Jarrett Jack and Eric Gordon. This is up there for most autos I've ever gotten in a day. I actually did get 21 a couple years ago vs the Wizards. Couple possible graphing days for this week. Might go for the Raptors in the city with my friend Tuesday and might go for the Rangers opponent Weds or Friday (Red Wings and Sabres). Thanks for reading.

Here was the untreated card Vasquez signed and then Smith accidently started signing. Unfortunately he started through the M or whatever that is for Vasquez.

IMG01092.jpg

A little last minute but decided to go with my friend to go for the Wizards after the Nets game. Did great.

Phil Chenier 1/1 (Broadcaster, only one to recognize him)
Brian Cook 1/1
Jordan Crawford 1/1 (Some of the casual fans thought he was John Wall haha)
Trevor Booker 1/1
John Wall on photo paper
Nene on photo paper
Coach Randy Wittman 2/2
Kevin Seraphin 1/1
Maurice Evans 1/2

Everyone signed. My dumb self forgot to get my cards for Sam Cassell. Blatche and Lewis didn't travel. I'll try to get pics up tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

IMG01099.jpg

Right now I'm trying to find the right images for Wall and Nene to print so I should get them printed the next couple days.

IMG01100.jpg

IMG01101.jpg

Well today was very good. Went with my friend for the Bobcats after the Nets game. Just about everything went well.

Maggette 2/2
Scout Chris Whitney 2/2
ADDED DELL CURRY TO THE HORNETS 8x10
DeSagana Diop 1/1
DJ White 1/2
Tyrus Thomas 2/2
ADDED RALPH LEWIS TO THE HORNETS 8x10
Kemba Walker 8x10
Gerald Henderson 1/2

I missed Augustin and Derrick Brown. I was hoping DJ White would've signed this tri-rookie card that was already signed by Donte Greene but he says he only signs one. Also I had a Charlotte Hornets media guide I was hoping Paul Silas would sign but he didn't wanna put his things down for me. But hey, I'm still very pleased about tonight. I'll try to get some pics up soon, including the Wizards photos. Thanks for reading.

Wow. Congratulations on what appears to be another successful day otis! Thanks for sharing.

Well I had a busy day with autographs today. I met up with my friend in NYC to get the Bucks and then later at night we'd be back at it, getting autos after the Jazz/Nets game. I just couldn't wait to finally get home. Things went fine with the Bucks. I got:

Ekpe Udoh 1/1
Gooden 1/2
Shaun Livingston 2/2
Dunleavy 1/1
Monta Ellis 8x10
Coach Skiles 1/1

Jennings didn't sign, no surprise. Delfino signed for one guy and not for me. Udrih didn't sign and I don't think Kwame Brown traveled. We saw Moncrief come out briefly, then Gooden came out to sign, and poof. We didn't see Moncrief again. Should've seen that coming haha. Everyone else was fine. I was done a little early so I had enough time to try and get Shaq. I read Shaq was going to appear on the Daily Show With Jon Stewart. I got there with time to spare, but there were like 25-30 people there waiting. I wasn't able to get him but was a little close. Now it was finally time to get back to Jersey. But I didn't have much time to relax because 45 minutes after I got home, my friend was back. It was time for the Jazz. I barely got my Jazz stuff in time. However it turned out this time around, the visitors would be going out the side. But that didn't mean we were screwed. A couple went up to the fence to sign.

Jeremy Evans on photo paper (asked him to put 2012 Slam Dunk Champ)
Broadcaster Matt Harpring 1/2

After seeing no one else come by to sign, we checked out the Nets for a little and no one stopped and we finally got home. I will try to get pics up tomorrow. Thanks for reading as always.

IMG01110.jpg

IMG01114.jpg

IMG01112.jpg

Yes, that Evans was printed upside-down. Doesn't look too bad. I just cannot get blanks signed horizontally. I don't know if I have to do some kind of collabration with the printer or something but it seems nothing goes right. Did a few test prints prior and still couldn't make sense of anything. I'd put in a paper and then the next one I'd flip it around and both sheets were still printed out the same way. Really doesn't make any sense... :huh:

Seeing that Gooden, having 2 different teams represented, brings up an interesting (at least to me) question. Do players say anything when they play (or last played) for another team than is pictured in the card, or item, that you want them to sign?

It differs player by player. He will decide what he wants to sign. A player may not want to sign for a specific card or team but it's very occasional. For example I got Stephen Jackson back when he was a Pacer in 06/07 on a Nets card. Last month when my friend went to a Nets/Bucks game, he had a photo of him as a Bobcat but Jackson said he only signs Bucks stuff... So it's something I wouldn't expect but it can happen.

Well I went on an autograph run last night. Wizards were in town against the Nets. I didn't really want to but I decided to go with my friend. I came away with:

Maurice Evans 1/1
Jordan Crawford on photo paper (I have a feeling this guy could be a star)
Wall on "#1 Draft Pick" 8x10
Nene 8x10
Sam Cassell 1/1 (Remembered to bring stuff this time!)

IMG01116.jpg

IMG01117.jpg

IMG01118.jpg

Wizards are one of those teams you aren't gonna have a lot of things for. I only brought 8 cards with me, which is so unheard of for me. Half the roster is players that have no more than 1 year of experience. Since Rashard Lewis and Blatche didn't make the trip again, there isn't a whole lot to go for. So what's next for me? I would've liked to try today for Senators/Devils in the early evening but I have baseball practice at that time. After the Nets/Cavs game tomorrow night is a possibility. Also after the Nets/Sixers Tues and Nets/Celtics Saturday night could happen. But what I am aiming for is next Sunday, I can hit up the Heat and the LA Angels in the city. That could be good. Thanks for reading.

Yeah, doesn't look like a very productive day compared to some of your others, but it's still a lot better than what most people get. ;)

Have you ever hit a Heat game before? Do any of the "Big 3" sign?

By the way, aren't the LA Angels a baseball team? :p

Yeah I already knew what I was expecting, I like at least Wall is a willing signer. Haven't seen him decline yet. I did the Heat once, pre-LeBron. I personally don't know their habits, but I will find out next week. I know LeBron is a jerk about signing and the other 2 would be more okay with it, but don't bet on it. And yes I am graphing both baseball and basketball that day! The advantages of having a bunch of NY teams.

Back