My Graphing Thread

Here's the report so far:

Derrick Coleman on media guide
Coach Boeheim 8x10
Added Kris Joseph, Scoop Jardine, James Southerland, Brandon Triche (I think), Michael Carter-Williams and Nick Resavy (I think) to the Syracuse 8x10

Good day, especially with Boeheim. In like a half-hour I'll be going with my friend for Devils/Islanders post-game to finish up the day.

Ok after the game didn't go as I hoped. The Islanders actually went through the side entrance so you couldn't get them. I was bummed about that but I was surprised how crowded it was outside. I don't think I ever see that many for basketball. It might even be a Miami Heat type crowd. I guess people love hockey. So after we went to the Devils side and it was crazy...I'm telling you there must've been 100 people waiting. I mean it was just insane, I couldn't believe it. Never once seen a crowd anywhere near that for the Nets ever. What I love is the players will still sign for crowds like that too! I didn't get as many as I hoped but I just couldn't believe it, it was unreal. To my Devils 8x10 I added Bryce Salvador, Ryan Carter, Adam Henrique and David Clarkson. Clarkson actually got out of his car and signed for everyone. I never see a player get out of his car to sign. Just wow! I'll try to get pics up tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

Well, I don't watch much hockey so I don't recognize any of those names. As always, though, good job nabbing some extra autos. Thanks for posting. These are always a good read.

I'm in the same boat as you. I actually recognized Salvador, mostly because he's a minority haha. Hey if I can spot a hockey player, that's a big accomplishment for me. The team mascot (out of costume) was even signing autos for people! Grown-ups! Complete insanity. In the years I graphed the Nets after the game, never saw the mascot come out. It really is a big difference between what you see for basketball and hockey.

IMG01072.jpg

IMG01074.jpg

IMG01075.jpg

IMG01076-1.jpg

Well I have a bit of a busy week coming up. Here's what's on the agenda:

Tonight - Nets/Bucks game
Weds - Possibility of going to NY for the Blazers
Thursday - Devils/Avalanche game (first hockey game in 15-16 years)
Saturday - Nets/Hornets game (been looking forward to this all year)

I'm also graphing the Penguins/Devils with my friend before the Nets game Saturday. Wish me luck with tonight.

Ok things went fine today. Could've gotten more but like 4 or 5 players didn't travel.

Larry Sanders 1/1
Joe Wolf 3/3 (Card, UNC 8x10 and a pic of me and him. If you didn't already know, Joe Wolf is the most awesome guy in history)
Moncrief 1/2 (He's strictly one-per but a very nice guy)
Ilyasova 1/1
Delfino 1/1
Anthony Goldwire 1/1
Drew Gooden 1/2

For Goldwire, I had him sign this pic I made that I trimmed to the size of a card. I was surprised that he really liked it and wanted one and even wanted me to email it to him and he'd hook me up or whatever...after the game he gave me his email address. That was pretty cool. Only like one other time, has something like that happened. One time Tim Raines wanted this card I had of him. As for tonight, my friend had row 1 seats right by the Bucks bench. After the game I was hoping I might get something thrown into the crowd by the players. Brandon Jennings actually threw his jersey in the crowd, but was some rows over us. So outside, we didn't have access to the visitors this time so we went over to the Nets. Only one player signed, DeShawn Stevenson. Added him to my Nets 8x10. So cool stuff with today. I also might get a courtside visit for the Hornets game Saturday....my friend is just crazy. Knows the right time to lie...lol. Thanks for reading, I'll try to get pics up tomorrow.

Here are the pics.

IMG01076.jpg

IMG01080.jpg

IMG01082.jpg

When Joe Wolf was signing the UNC photo he asked who else signed it. At the time I couldn't remember Marvin Williams and Joe was criticizing their penmanship haha.

I went to my long-awaited hockey game last night and I had a blast. Devils beat out Colorado 1-0 in a shootout. It was pretty cool seeing a shootout live. We just went for autos after the game. It was just bad for me. It was even more crowded than when I went last week. Must've been 50 people there and that made it very tough. The only other times I experienced a crowd like this, where you just hope the guy will sign for you, was when I'd try to get the Mets players in Shea/Citi Field. The combination of the crowd, plus me not knowing players well, plus few people actually knowing who the guy signing is really made it close to impossible. I wasn't able to get guys like Jean-Sebastian Giguere, Ryan O'Reilly and a few others I can't remember. I also tried getting a blank signed by Landeskog (who apparently is really good) but I couldn't get him. I also made custom cards of coach Joe Sacco and LW Jamie McGinn but I never saw them. I was fearing a shutout and I felt it was best to goto the Devils side. Shockingly, there wasn't as big a crowd as last time. Well here's what I came away with:

Adam Henrique - ticket (Just to end the shutout)
Dainius Zubrus - Devils 8x10

I'm also showing a pic of the Sacco/McGinn cards I made.

IMG01084.jpg

IMG01086.jpg

Very bad night for me in the autograph department but hey, I really enjoyed the game. I'm just glad to have some friends that tolerate this. Tomorrow I'll be graphing the Devils/Penguins after their game and then the Nets/Hornets game afterwards. It appears I will be having a courtside visit for the game tomorrow so this will be a cool experience for my friend, he never goes to games. Hasn't been to one since going with me a few years ago. Well thanks for reading and wish me luck, especially with the Penguins!

Sorry to hear you didn't get the autographs you were looking for, but at least you had a good time. Those custom cards look good too. Might have to get you to write us a tutorial. :p Too bad you couldn't get them signed though. That would've been sweet!

Thanks, yeah I definitely thought I'd get Sacco. Right now I use photo paper for the 'cards' but creating them is harder than it seems. Have to find the right image online and it has to be zoomed out a bit. Unfortunately I can't print things to 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 so it has to be like 3 1/2 x 5 and then I have to trim them to the standard card size. I made 3 last night for today and it can take a little time finding the right image. For the name I just make it on Word. But since you are trimming it afterwards you have to make sure you put the name in the right area...

Nice! I'm going to play around with PhotoShop a bit when I have some extra time and see what I can come up with. I really like the idea. If I get it down I'll send some to you to get signed for me. :LOL:

Haha ok.

Today was very good. I'm not post much now, just saying I got 21 autos. 5 hockey and 16 basketball. Could've been more for hockey but it was even more crowded than last time.

Haha ok.

Today was very good. I'm not post much now, just saying I got 21 autos.

Holy moly!! Sounds like a very nice day then. Kinda makes up for some of the other bad ones. Can't wait to hear who you got.

Back