"They're wearing black 'cause they're going to a mother f**king funeral!"

I have notheard "everyone say I am crazy" I did not see the ASU game only the score and what co-workers said (2 of which went to ASU) I was at work and missed the game. That is why I have not said much about it. I only know what my friends who went to ASU have said and that of course is not a fair bases for a argument.

I love that You do not have to explain why GU will win because you say so but I HAVE to explain Bama because you do not like my facts. As stated before it is all about defense and I feel Bama has a better chance against your defense than GU does against Bama's offense. Plain and simple.
You want my reasons why Georgia will win?

Rennie Curran and Dannell Ellerbe - these two will fly to the ball and they will hit you in the mouth and do it over and over again. Rennie Curran wasn't the starter last year when we played Bama and he is clearly our best LB and probably a top 10 LB in the country. Watch the game on Saturday night and you will see.

AJ Green - AJ Green is 6'4" and Alabama's best CB (Javier Arenas) is only 5"9". That is a 7 inch advantage and you won't find many players in the country who can go up and get the ball better than him. Alabama better play man on him with a safety over the top or he will kill them all night like he did Arizona State in the first half (in the second half they played man with a safety over the top).

Ben Jones - Many Alabama fans see Jones starting as an advantage because he is a freshman and they feel that Cody will tear him apart. Ben Jones is one nasty center and will stand toe-to-toe with Cody all night long. He may need a little help (who doesn't), but I guarantee you he won't back down and he will hold his own.

Matthew Stafford - This game may come down to the passing games for both teams and no QB in the country is better at managing the game than Stafford. He hasn't thrown an INT yet this year and does an amazing job at protecting the football. He isn't afraid to throw the ball away. he is really good at reading what the defense will do and rarely misses on the call. Yes, he has the final say on the play call, if that shocks you.

Knowshon Moreno - Knowshon may not put up big numbers in the first half, but don't be shocked if he goes off in the second half. He is averaging 10 yards per carry after half time. Another thing to consider is Knowshon running the screen. Get him out in space with some blockers in front of him and he can be dangerous.

Home Field Advantage - You and the rest of the nation may see it as a gimmick or a fashion show, but these black jerseys take it to another level. It will be loud in Sanford Stadium.

I see you have a problem with fact checking. Final standing last year have 4 pac 10 teams and 5 from the SEC and considering the SEC has way more schools in it I would tink the Pac 10 did very well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2007

in 2006 the SEC had 6 and the pac 10 had 3
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2006

in 2005 pac 10 had 4 SEC had 5
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2005

Wow the SEC sure is ALOT better LOL

So by beating an Arizona State team that's in the Pac 10 who, through your research, is about even with the SEC does that make UGA's win over them impressive or something?

just because ASU was good in years past does not make good now. They are really bad now so is UCLA. I am arguing that the pac 10 is not "always a 1 man show" this year it is but not always. I am actually surprised at how bad a few of the pac 10 teams are this year.

You want my reasons why Georgia will win?

Rennie Curran and Dannell Ellerbe - these two will fly to the ball and they will hit you in the mouth and do it over and over again. Rennie Curran wasn't the starter last year when we played Bama and he is clearly our best LB and probably a top 10 LB in the country. Watch the game on Saturday night and you will see.

AJ Green - AJ Green is 6'4" and Alabama's best CB (Javier Arenas) is only 5"9". That is a 7 inch advantage and you won't find many players in the country who can go up and get the ball better than him. Alabama better play man on him with a safety over the top or he will kill them all night like he did Arizona State in the first half (in the second half they played man with a safety over the top).

Ben Jones - Many Alabama fans see Jones starting as an advantage because he is a freshman and they feel that Cody will tear him apart. Ben Jones is one nasty center and will stand toe-to-toe with Cody all night long. He may need a little help (who doesn't), but I guarantee you he won't back down and he will hold his own.

Matthew Stafford - This game may come down to the passing games for both teams and no QB in the country is better at managing the game than Stafford. He hasn't thrown an INT yet this year and does an amazing job at protecting the football. He isn't afraid to throw the ball away. he is really good at reading what the defense will do and rarely misses on the call. Yes, he has the final say on the play call, if that shocks you.

Knowshon Moreno - Knowshon may not put up big numbers in the first half, but don't be shocked if he goes off in the second half. He is averaging 10 yards per carry after half time. Another thing to consider is Knowshon running the screen. Get him out in space with some blockers in front of him and he can be dangerous.

Home Field Advantage - You and the rest of the nation may see it as a gimmick or a fashion show, but these black jerseys take it to another level. It will be loud in Sanford Stadium.

Two things I will argue against:

1) not that AJ Green won't make plays, but Kareem Jackson is our best CB. And he's a whopping 2 inches taller than Arenas! Difficult match-up for sure, regardless of who we have covering him.

2) Last year's Rimmington Award winner, the Luiggs guy from Arkansas, could not beat Cody on 1-on-1 situations and needed a lot of double team help. If a guy recognized as the best interior lineman in the country struggled against him, I predict Jones will as well. And if by "a little help" you mean double teaming Cody with another guard most of the time when he is in, then I retract my counter-point ;)

just because ASU was good in years past does not make good now. They are really bad now so is UCLA. I am arguing that the pac 10 is not "always a 1 man show" this year it is but not always. I am actually surprised at how bad a few of the pac 10 teams are this year.

years past? that was last year?

they are a 1 man show with 1 team that perenially contends for a National Title and several teams that do not.

SEC has 3 to 4 teams that contend every year with what looks like 3 constants:

LSU
FLA
UGA

Two things I will argue against:

1) not that AJ Green won't make plays, but Kareem Jackson is our best CB. And he's a whopping 2 inches taller than Arenas! Difficult match-up for sure, regardless of who we have covering him.

2) Last year's Rimmington Award winner, the Luiggs guy from Arkansas, could not beat Cody on 1-on-1 situations and needed a lot of double team help. If a guy recognized as the best interior lineman in the country struggled against him, I predict Jones will as well. And if by "a little help" you mean double teaming Cody with another guard most of the time when he is in, then I retract my counter-point ;)
1) MoMass is also 6'4" and Chris Durham is 6"5". We have some hieght that the WR position.

2) There is no doubt that Jones will need help most of the time (if not ALL of the time), but I'm just saying that what most Alabama fans see as a clear advantage isn't much of an advantage given the circumstances. Cody is going to dominate whoever is in there. What I'm trying to say is, he wont dominate Jones anymore than he would any other center.

Didn't I read that Saban said that Cody only plays about 24 plays per game? Is this correct? I read that earlier in the year, but didn't know if it was still true.

years past? that was last year?

they are a 1 man show with 1 team that perenially contends for a National Title and several teams that do not.

SEC has 3 to 4 teams that contend every year with what looks like 3 constants:

LSU
FLA
UGA

that is a fair point. When you said one man show I thought of teams in the top 25 not just teams that had a chance to win the BCS. We were just thinking on two different levels right there...sorry

With that being said I do not think GU or Flordia will fight for the BCS title this year but I have been wrong before. I will also agree that the SEC beats the hell out of each other and that is what keeps them from being in the bcs alot of times...

Didn't I read that Saban said that Cody only plays about 24 plays per game? Is this correct? I read that earlier in the year, but didn't know if it was still true.

Cody plays on 1st and 2nd down, Josh Chapman comes in on 3rd down. He may be averaging 24 plays per game due to a couple of blow outs. Stamina is not much of an issue with him.

that is a fair point. When you said one man show I thought of teams in the top 25 not just teams that had a chance to win the BCS. We were just thinking on two different levels right there...sorry

With that being said I do not think GU or Flordia will fight for the BCS title this year but I have been wrong before. I will also agree that the SEC beats the hell out of each other and that is what keeps them from being in the bcs alot of times...

that is my only point.

thanks!

a-helmets-350w.jpg

Back