Who Is The Best Running Back Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peterson could be the great, but he could also be the next flash in the pan depending on durability.

I agree with Thurman and Roger, but neither of them were as good as Walter.

BearsFan51 said:
My top 5 r these
Walter Payton
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Earl Campbell
Bronko Nagurski

How many times are you going to change your mind?

Your worse then a kid at a candy store.

Let's look at this way, since you never said best NFL running back ever, you just said RUNNING BACK EVER,

What place did Walter Payton get on the top 25 college players of all time list that just came out?

Oh that is right, he didn't make the list. Barry Sanders got #2 of all time, and still currently holds the single season rushing record (2628), and TD record (39). He also won a Heisman for the greatest RB season in NCAA history.

Ground Support said:
How many times are you going to change your mind?

Your worse then a kid at a candy store.

Let's look at this way, since you never said best NFL running back ever, you just said RUNNING BACK EVER,

What place did Walter Payton get on the top 25 college players of all time list that just came out?

Oh that is right, he didn't make the list. Barry Sanders got #2 of all time, and still currently holds the single season rushing record (2628), and TD record (39). He also won a Heisman for the greatest RB season in NCAA history.

College is way different than the pros, I don't think you can compare them. In my lifetime I have seen too many players from the collegiate level do absolutely nothing in the pros - because they are actually playing against the best when they get to the pros.

I don't doubt collegiate athletes and their greatness, but some are great due to the system they are in (you can say that in the pros to some extent - but not the same level).

I also agree with your comments about the kid in the candy store, lol.

On the LT having more TD then others with less carries. That really has little to nothing to do with how good they are. More to do with where they get the ball. I agree you have to put Barry Sanders at the top of the list. He could probably unretire and still be a top 10 running back in the league. He had good eye sight, good speed, knowledge of the game, and a great work ethic. He is the real deal.

Ok it's best NFL Running Back Ever In History.

And Barry may of had good moves and just as fast or maybe even a little faster than Walter Payton but Barry could not power run Walter actually basically tackled the defender!!! His motto was " NEVER DIE EASY". And also Barry was flashy like Walter in the footwork but Walter Payton could do it all.

LT is good but not as good as Walter Payton or All of them other greats and lets not forget " The Galloping Ghost" here RED GRANGE yes the hall of fame running back for the Chicago Bears in the 20's and 30's and so on.

Payton is better.

So let's get this straight,

Barry had the speed, the moves, the vision, but he lacked power so Walter Payton is the best?

Hell might as well change your pick to Jerome Bettis.

Also your the only person I HAVE EVER HEARD say that Barry Sanders lacked power.

Once again, watch that video, He drug some safety 15 yards.

well barry had some power i suppose but walter had extremelly great power he once drug a d-lineman about 9-12 yards and the lineman weighed around 320-360 pounds i suppose and safety's weigh around 210-250 pounds or around there i guess and walter could jump over a guy on his team that was arond 6'3'' around 6'3'' and walter is only 5'10'' and yes i know barrys only 5'8'' and walter was as fast as barry and also he had the power and jerome bettis had power but not that much speed at least not in his later years. So I still thikn Walter Payton (Sweetnes) is the best NFLRUNNING BACK IN NFL HISTORY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back