Status
Not open for further replies.
Walter's Stats Are As Follows

attempts 3,838
Rushing Yards 16,726
touchdowns 110
11 touchdown passess

also his best year was 339 attempts 1852 rushing yards 14 touchdowns

ok LT already has more TDs in 2/3 of the attempts as payton.

LT has 7 TD passes, not sure why you included that into the Payton stats

LTs best season?? 348 Attempts, 1815 rushing yards, 28 tds, 500+ recieving yards, 3 receiving TDs

anything else you want me to add in there to refute your argument

ahh so no evidence other than actual plays

show me some stats to why he is better

Watch LT play and just see what he does with defenders, its unbelievable sometimes

played on the 85 bears actually went to a super bowl and won. also led the league in rushing a couple years and the nfc in rushing a few years in a row. and was te leading rushier on the bears for 12-13 years I dont remember but its one of em I believe. gained 63 yards in the super not that great but still pretty god. beat the pats 46-10 on january 26 1986!

BearsFan51 said:
played on the 85 bears actually went to a super bowl and won. also led the league in rushing a couple years and the nfc in rushing a few years in a row. and was te leading rushier on the bears for 12-13 years I dont remember but its one of em I believe. gained 63 yards in the super not that great but still pretty god. beat the pats 46-10 on january 26 1986!

Ok so he was on a super bowl team? Did Marino win a superbowl?

Led the league in rushing, just what LT has down and also being a receiving back as well

Leading rusher on the bears, well most starting running backs are the leading rushers on their team, duh

The pats in 86 are not the pats of 07

Man, I hate to add fuel to this fire, but I have to support my Bears a bit.

Walter Payton - in my opinion the best all around back ever, blocking, running, passing and catching the ball out of the backfield combined.

Barry Sanders - most fantastic moves for a running back and easily could have held many records had he not retired early - but according to him, records were not important. (Gale Sayers is very close to Sanders in this "category")

Jim Brown - best power back ever, also have to take into account when he played there was more of a focus on running the ball than passing it as in today's game.

It is incredibly difficult to say who is the best running back simply because of the intangibles created by the position itself, along with the team the individuals play on. I have stated this on other threads in other sites, if someone were to create a computer program to throw in the attributes of the players with their respective teams and see how the game would be played that would be amazing.

There are plenty of RB's that could also make a top ten list for me, kudos to Emmitt for having a great career, but Walter, Jim and Barry get my nod at the position.

coltstopps said:
Best I have seen is Barry Sanders.

Hell to the YEAH!!! lol....Damn Right, the way Barry runs, sometimes I wonder if he's even human....The things he did was unreal....We will never see another one like him play again..

P.S. Does anyone know where I can buy his highlight films from??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back