Who Is The Best Running Back Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCat87

Bench Warmer
Yes every one has very different opinions about who is THE best running back ever in NFL History? I would have to say Chicago Bear Legend #34 Walter Payton (SWEETNESS) I would like to know what's your opinion?

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Bears Fan 51

wouldve been bo jackson had he not got injured, but as for people who have played 8 years or more it has got to be barry sanders. he left the game early because the lions wouldnt let him go elsewhere, but if he played through his prime no one would ever touch his numbers!

jim brown... was voted the best football player of the millennium.... he plays running back, therefore he is the best running back ever.... no one will ever compare to what he did in the amount of games he played with a very level playing field.

i agrree with you he played less games a year and still averaged a lot of yards that most running backs these days cant get
marinocollector said:
jim brown... was voted the best football player of the millennium.... he plays running back, therefore he is the best running back ever.... no one will ever compare to what he did in the amount of games he played with a very level playing field.

BearsFan51 said:
Still I say Walter Payton no was even close as good as him.
I understand your allegiance to the Bears, but are you a fan of football or just the Bears? If you truly are a fan of football, and if you took the time to discover what all Jim Brown did through out his short career, I believe your opinion on Brown would differ greatly. This goes the same for any fan of Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith.... Jim Brown retired early to pursue a Hollywood career. He could have played another 5 years, averaged another 1200 yards per year easily... and have a career rushing total of 20k+ yards. Remember everyone, the question is of alltime... not of your lifetime.... All time.... and I believe when all is said and done... Ladanian may end up more impressive than Payton.

marinocollector said:
I understand your allegiance to the Bears, but are you a fan of football or just the Bears? If you truly are a fan of football, and if you took the time to discover what all Jim Brown did through out his short career, I believe your opinion on Brown would differ greatly. This goes the same for any fan of Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith.... Jim Brown retired early to pursue a Hollywood career. He could have played another 5 years, averaged another 1200 yards per year easily... and have a career rushing total of 20k+ yards. Remember everyone, the question is of alltime... not of your lifetime.... All time.... and I believe when all is said and done... Ladanian may end up more impressive than Payton.

you have to remember also that the same is true of barry sanders as jim brown. barry retired from football a good 5 years to soon, if not 8 years to soon. jim brown was all power and no moves. barry had moves that mad everyone say wow, and he had legs the size of tree trunks to go with his moves. i also promise barry was faster then jim brown, ummm speed, moves, & power. he wouldve been the greatest ever if he had finished his career! also everyone lets not forget about another bear runningback named gale sayers. if injuries hadnt shortened his career we could be saying him as well.

BearsFan51 said:
Yes every one has very different opinions about who is THE best running back ever in NFL History? I would have to say Chicago Bear Legend #34 Walter Payton (SWEETNESS) I would like to know what's your opinion?

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Bears Fan 51
Do you really have to ask this question?? Everyone knows that the answer is Jim Brown.............

Hope & Faith said:
you have to remember also that the same is true of barry sanders as jim brown. barry retired from football a good 5 years to soon, if not 8 years to soon. jim brown was all power and no moves. barry had moves that mad everyone say wow, and he had legs the size of tree trunks to go with his moves. i also promise barry was faster then jim brown, ummm speed, moves, & power. he wouldve been the greatest ever if he had finished his career! also everyone lets not forget about another bear runningback named gale sayers. if injuries hadnt shortened his career we could be saying him as well.
Barry would not have played 18 seasons in the NFL.... nor would he have played 5 more to make 15.... sorry.... barry didnt have power which is why he never would last that long... barry is also not considered the best of his time by a lot of people. and if we want to throw sayers in the mix why not terrell davis?

Barry stats in 153 regular season games
Att: 3,062 Yds: 15,269 Avg: 5.0 TD: 99

Jim stats in 118 regular season games
Att: 2,359 Yds: 12,312 Avg: 5.2 TD: 106

I think Jim wins with more yards per game and more TDs per game.

I know that they are not quite the same numbers as the above but two that were very impressive as well would be Earl Campbell and Eric Dickerson... I remember wanting to cut and move like either of them....heck throw in Franco Harris and Tony Dorsett as well....those are some true legends.... and numbers wise you have to add in Thurman Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back