brown
20 atts 104.3 yds .89 TDs

And for grins and giggles Emmitt
in 226 regular season games
Att: 4,409 Yds: 18,355 Avg: 4.2 TD: 164
For a per game average
19.5 atts 81 yds .73 TDs

marinocollector said:
Barry would not have played 18 seasons in the NFL.... nor would he have played 5 more to make 15.... sorry.... barry didnt have power which is why he never would last that long... barry is also not considered the best of his time by a lot of people. and if we want to throw sayers in the mix why not terrell davis?

Barry stats in 153 regular season games
Att: 3,062 Yds: 15,269 Avg: 5.0 TD: 99

Jim stats in 118 regular season games
Att: 2,359 Yds: 12,312 Avg: 5.2 TD: 106

I think Jim wins with more yards per game and more TDs per game.

#1) you are so wrong about the 18 season thing, who thought emmitt would play that long? give me a break!

#2) to say barry had no power is absolutely absurd you having no backing what so ever in saying that.

#3) i didnt ask how many people dont think barry is the greatest. i answered the question of who i thought was the greatest.

#4) jim brown had a very good offensive line back then also, barry never had a line worth a crap.

#5) ive seen many many highlights on jim brown, and besides running over guys with pure strenght, he never made my jaw drop like the cuts and moves that barry sanders made time and time again!

#6) not only is jim brown a very poor role model, but he also is very very racist. barry sanders was a model citizen his entire career, and was a role model for children and adults to look up too. now i dont agree with quiting his team, but that is the only character knock against him his entire career!

Brown was a powerhouse bulldog. In those days that was what football was all about, power and sheer strength. It was a whole lot more physical then than it is today. As for his character, we're not judging that here and it has nothing to do with his on-field stats or performance. Besides, it's amazing that you didn't mention any of the good that he's done throughout the years, only the bad traits.
Ty Cobb was one of the biggest racists and downright just a mean spirited person, he used to sharpen his cleats just before games, not for digging into the turf either, but he resides in the BB HOF.

I had said the best I have personally seen was Sanders, but I would agree if you compare stats on paper; Brown betters Sanders. Tough for generations that didnt see those older guys play choose them as best - they arent in their memory bank. LOL!

As with most things, its tough to pick just one - so why not pick the top 5 or top 10 ?

Surely all those mentioned thus far would be on that list - how about we put together a list of potential backs and start a poll?

Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Emmitt Smith
Gayle Sayers
Walter Payton
Eric Dickerson
Marshall Faulk
OJ Simpson
Tony Dorsett
Bo Jackson
Earl Campbell

1) you are so wrong about the 18 season thing, who thought emmitt would play that long? give me a break!

Emmitt played 15 years.... No back has ever played 18. Sorry.

#2) to say barry had no power is absolutely absurd you having no backing what so ever in saying that.

Then why would the Lions take him out of the game on short yardage situations?

#3) i didnt ask how many people dont think barry is the greatest. i answered the question of who i thought was the greatest.

This is an open discussion. I am discussing why I feel Brown should be considered the greatest, not Barry.

#4) jim brown had a very good offensive line back then also, barry never had a line worth a crap.

Barry's line looked worse than it was cuz Barry NEVER hit the hole without stutter stepping first.

#5) ive seen many many highlights on jim brown, and besides running over guys with pure strenght, he never made my jaw drop like the cuts and moves that barry sanders made time and time again!

Just because he's more entertaining to watch, does not mean he is the best... for example, Michael Vick.

#6) not only is jim brown a very poor role model, but he also is very very raceist. barry sanders was a model citizen his entire career, and was a role model for children and adults to look up too. now i dont agree with quiting his team, but that is the only caracter knock against him his entire career!

They're athletes not role models, stop idolizing people cuz they play sports.

This conversaition will always come up and most of the players being thought of will become after thoughts if players like LT and AP keep playing the way they have if healthy and thiers one or two other backs to throw in with those two.

Johan Santana #57 said:
we get it u like da bears

word haha

whats next...

who do you think is best qb ever??? idk what you guys think..but id have to go with rex grossman..hes great!

BearsFan51 said:
Hello there if you have not known JIM BROWN WAS A FULLBACK! The best FULLBACK EVER IN NFL HISTORY!

So are you asking best half back or do i have to point out that you must not know anything about football?

Nice try though.

Walter Payton had probably the worst offense whnever he came in. so yeah Walter Payton THE BEST HB IN NFL HISTORY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back