Sportscenter reporting Arod tested positive for roids a couple seasons ago

Why no Shoeless Joe?

Well because of the rule. I honestly think Bucky Weaver and Shoeless Joe should be allowed in since they could never prove they received any money or had anything to do with the throwing of the WS. When Rose broke the rule it was 100% understood by himself and everyone else in baseball, so he knew what he was doing. When the 1919 Blacksox sold out it was more because the owner was a complete Douche bag and was not paying them their bonus'.

Well because of the rule. I honestly think Bucky Weaver and Shoeless Joe should be allowed in since they could never prove they received any money or had anything to do with the throwing of the WS. When Rose broke the rule it was 100% understood by himself and everyone else in baseball, so he knew what he was doing. When the 1919 Blacksox sold out it was more because the owner was a complete Douche bag and was not paying them their bonus'.
Shoeless Joe had nothing to do with the 1919 Black Sox Scandal and should be in the HOF.

Shoeless should be in.

Rose does not need to be let back into baseball, but he never cheated the game. Betting on his own team was wrong and stupid but his numbers are 100% clean.

Pay-rod is an insecure, adulterer, lying, fraud who I look forward to watching his HoF get delayed as long as possible. Rose should be in before any of these juicers.

On a side note, how good is Greg Maddux to dominate during the era of these muscle bound cheaters?

Shoeless should be in.

Rose does not need to be let back into baseball, but he never cheated the game. Betting on his own team was wrong and stupid but his numbers are 100% clean.

Pay-rod is an insecure, adulterer, lying, fraud who I look forward to watching his HoF get delayed as long as possible. Rose should be in before any of these juicers.

On a side note, how good is Greg Maddux to dominate during the era of these muscle bound cheaters?

Not good enough to avoid Bonds taking him deep 8 times. :cheers:

I would still rather have Randy Johnson or Curt Schilling in the playoffs. But, those are compeltely different types of pitchers. Maddox was great, no doubt.

I think this helps to prove that Ken Griffey Jr. is the best of this generation and Barry larkin is a HOFer for being a great defensive and offensive SS.

I would still rather have Randy Johnson or Curt Schilling in the playoffs. But, those are compeltely different types of pitchers. Maddox was great, no doubt.

I think this helps to prove that Ken Griffey Jr. is the best of this generation and Barry larkin is a HOFer for being a great defensive and offensive SS.
If we are talking about playoffs, John Smoltz is the guy you want.

Barry larkin is a HOFer for being a great defensive and offensive SS.

While I'm not sure that this will change any voters' minds in 2010 (he's not up against too stiff of competition that year), he should be in. But that's my opinion.

However, I'd be worried that he'll suffer the same fate as Alan Trammell has (who have very similar numbers). Basically, with the writers forgetting his accomplishments due to a rocky finish of his career.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/scomp.cgi?I=trammal01:Alan+Trammell&st=career

While I'm not sure that this will change any voters' minds in 2010 (he's not up against too stiff of competition that year), he should be in. But that's my opinion.

However, I'd be worried that he'll suffer the same fate as Alan Trammell has (who have very similar numbers). Basically, with the writers forgetting his accomplishments due to a rocky finish of his career.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/scomp.cgi?I=trammal01:Alan+Trammell&st=career

Man I hope not. You would think this is HOF material:

MVP and WS ring
12 time All Star
3 Gold Gloves
9 Silver Sluggers
First 30/30 SS

Not looking at numbers, but Trammell is:
WS and WS MVP
six time all star
4 gold glove
3 time silver slugger

Back