Baseball Offseason Acquisitions/Trades

He was solid with the Dodgers before arm problems.

Cubbies traded Jake Fox, Aaron Miles & $$$ to the A's for three minor leaguers :scratch: ... Miles makes sense because he's terrible, but Fox was a solid player and a Cubbie favorite ...

Only 3 players accepted arbitration...

Rafael Soriano (Braves), Carl Pavano (Twins), and Rafael Betancourt (Rockies).

Brad Penny reaches a deal with the Cardinals...

Nats signed Pudge, and got Brian Bruney from the Yankees for a PTBNL...

Tigers re-sign SS Adam Everett. Trade CRAPPY pitcher Clay Rapada to the Rangers.. :D

Ryne Sandberg is now the Manager for the Iowa Cubs in the PCL.

Tigers/Yankees/Dbacks Deal
Not certain if it will go down but here is the details..
Tigers get: Max Scherzer from the Dbacks, Austin Jackson and Phil Coke from the Yankees.
Yankees get: Curtis Granderson (Tigers) :cry: :( and one or two prospects from the Dbacks.
Dbacks get: Edwin Jackson (Tigers) :cry: :( and Ian Kennedy from the Yankees.

Tigers would be dumb to trade Granderson...

EDIT- 1:57 PM. EST
Nick Pietruszkiewicz:
From Buster: The sides are on the verge of wrapping up the Granderson deal. :cry: :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Amish Dave

I just saw a rumor that might interest you...

Texas Rangers trade P Neftali Feliz and 1B Justin Smoak to the Marlins for P Josh Johnson...

Just some recent news from ESPN.com
Brewers sign LHP Randy Wolf
Yankees, Pettitte agree to 1-year deal.
Rangers trade P Kevin Millwood and cash to the Orioles for P Chris Ray.
Rangers are close to signing Rich Harden
Astros acquire reliever Matt Lindstrom from the Marlins for 2 minor leaguers and the Astros 1st round pick in the Rule 5 Draft.
Phillies sign Ross Gload

Good grief cold someone tell the Dodgers that all the pitchers worth a damn are flying off the FA list? We are months away and I already see the season going down the crapper. I wish mcCourt would just face fact and sell the team.

Good grief cold someone tell the Dodgers that all the pitchers worth a damn are flying off the FA list? We are months away and I already see the season going down the crapper. I wish mcCourt would just face fact and sell the team.

*calculates some new sabermetrics*

*totals up 8 lost wins from Dodgers via ownership divorce*

*takes sip of ice cold water*

:cool:

Back