Baseball Offseason Acquisitions/Trades

DTownTigers87

Bench Warmer
11/3-
Rays Traded 2B Akinora Iwamura to the Pirates for RHP Jesse Chavez.
Blue Jays Claim 2B Jarret Hoffpauir from the Cardinals.

11/5-
Nationals claim LHP Doug Slaten from the Diamondbacks.
Mariners claim RHP Yusmiero Petit from the Diamondbacks.
Diamondbacks decline 2010 Contract Option on 1B-3B Chad Tracy.
Dodgers decline 2010 Contract Option on RHP Jon Garland
Marlins decline 2010 Contract Option on 1B-OF Ross Gload.
Angels re-sign OF Bobby Abreu for 2 years.
White Sox sign INF/OF Mark Kotsay for one year.
Marlins trade OF Jeremy Hermida to the Red Sox for LHPs Hunter Jones and Jose Alvarez.

11/6-
Brewers trade SS JJ Hardy to the Twins for OF Carlos Gomez.
White Sox trade 2B Chris Getz and 3B Josh Fields to the Royals for 3B Mark Teahan.
White Sox buyout Jermaine Dye's Final Year of his contract
Diamondbacks pickup the option on RHP Brandon Webb.

WTF! So we traded young to bring in Garland not use him in the playoffs and then not bring him back next season when the ptching rotation is complete poopies. What the hell are the Dodgers doing? Someone needs to get Ned and tickle that son of a bitch

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome thread, thanks!! And I have to say, even with Hardy going to Minnesota, I am very glad to see Gomez leaving!!!

WTF! So we traded young to bring in Garland not use him in the playoffs and then not bring him back next season when the ptching rotation is complete poopies. What the hell are the Dodgers doing? Someone needs to get Ned and tickle that son of a bitch
Really? You want a guy who's average at best and is likely going to decline making $10M next season

And the Dodgers gave up Abreu for Garland. Abreu had no place on the team.

Arizona pays the $2.5M, the Dodgers got a few good starts down the stretch from Garland. That is that.

Twins pick up Cuddyer's $10.5 Mil option for 2011
Dodgers pick up Manny's $20 Mil option for 2010.
The Nationals declined their option on Austin Kearns...

Really? You want a guy who's average at best and is likely going to decline making $10M next season

And the Dodgers gave up Abreu for Garland. Abreu had no place on the team.

Arizona pays the $2.5M, the Dodgers got a few good starts down the stretch from Garland. That is that.

Yes I do want Garland on the team. The rotation needs for the mid to back of the rotation, right now the rotation looks like crap for next season and there are no real Pitchers in FA to go after. As for Abreu he was a top prospect and could of at the very least been used to do a deal that would of helped the team alot more. Now Manny has took the player option to stay for next season (which I still do not like) and they still have Jaun on the roster so maybe they make a move with Jaun to bring in some help in the rotation but as of right now (even though it is very very early) it looks like the Dodgers have NO plan at all.

You mean Mr. May?

Yes. Misty May... :drool:

Glad Mr. May is leaving.. Only went 0/9 for the season. Got hurt and was out for the season.. I like the catchers we have now...
Gerald Laird- great defensive catcher, needs to produce better offensively..
Al Avila- PRAISE AVILA. Rookie that is like Laird but can hit "slightly" better..
and Dusty Ryan.

Dodgers are doing great so far: :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Los Angeles Dodgers

Manny Ramirez LF Signed
(exercised player option)
Orlando Hudson 2B Declared free agency
Randy Wolf P Declared free agency
Brad Ausmus C Declared free agency
Jim Thome DH Declared free agency
Eric Milton P Declared free agency
Jon Garland P Declared free agency
(team option declined)
Doug Mientkiewicz PH Declared free agency
Ronnie Belliard 2B Declared free agency
Jeff Weaver P Declared free agency
Vicente Padilla P Declared free agency
Guillermo Mota P Declared free agency

Phillies decline 2010 option ($5.5 Mil) on 3B Pedro Feliz. Phillies GM hasn't ruled out the possibility of bringing him back though.
Red Sox decline 2010 option ($6 Mil) on SS Alex Gonzalez.
Mets decline 2010 option ($9.1 Mil) on RHP J.J. Putz.
Brewers decline 2010 option on RHP David Weathers
Tigers purchased Jay Sborz's contract... (About dang time...), reinstated RHP Joel 'Zoom-Zoom' Zumaya and former Sun Devil 1B/3B Jeff Larish from the 60-Day DL.
Royals declined 2010 options on OF Coco Crisp, C Miguel Olivo and RHP Yasuhiko Yabuta.

Yes I do want Garland on the team. The rotation needs for the mid to back of the rotation, right now the rotation looks like crap for next season and there are no real Pitchers in FA to go after.
Back-of-the-rotation starters are a dime a dozen. No need to pay $10M for a No. 4 or No. 5 starter. They could bring him back at a reduced salary, but everyone knew the option would be declined.

As for Abreu he was a top prospect and could of at the very least been used to do a deal that would of helped the team alot more.
Lol, no he wasn't. He exhausted his prospect status after the 2007 season. He has a chance to be decent, but not great. His ceiling is an Orlando Hudson-type, which I doubt he'll ever reach.

Now Manny has took the player option to stay for next season (which I still do not like) and they still have Jaun on the roster so maybe they make a move with Jaun to bring in some help in the rotation but as of right now (even though it is very very early) it looks like the Dodgers have NO plan at all.
The World Series ended five days ago. Were you expecting them to make four or five trades by now? Free agents can't even be signed yet (unless the FAs are from the Dodgers).

Chill out, let the divorce proceedings see exactly what this team is able to do in the off-season. It probably won't be "business as usual," which sucks, but it's the truth.

Back