Baseball Offseason Acquisitions/Trades

Not really, I knew the Tigers did have interest in Juan Pierre before the White Sox traded for him. The Dodgers would've been looking for a pitcher.

Melky Cabrera to the Braves for Javier Vasquez.

That's what I've read several times. Haven't been home to confirm.

Page 3 News... :lollol:

I missed that the Yankees are also sending prospect RHP Arodys Vizcaino.

Looks like Fernando Rodney might be a Los Angeles of Anaheim Angel.. ESPN.com is reporting they are beginning "serious negotiations" with the closer. He'll be a setup man for Fuentes if he does become an Angel..

Rodney is an Angel.

OF Brian Anderson (former White Sox/Red Sox OF) signs with the Royals.
OF Coco Crisp signs with the A's.
Blue Jays acquire Brendan Morrow from the Mariners for RHP Brandon League and OF Johermyn Chavez.
Nationals sign P Jason Marquis for 2 years and P Matt Capps to be their closer for a year.

Some news for Charlie..
Braves are negotiating a deal with Troy Glaus. Currently the deal is pending because of his injury past... It'd be for a year and he would play 1B.

Justin Duchscherer re-signs with the A's for one year. He is trying to establish himself back to his All-Star form for a big contract next season.

Diamondbacks sign Pitcher Bobby Howry.

Former Angels Pitcher Kelvim Escobar signs a one year deal with the Mets. :doh:

BREAKING NEWS:

Mets sign OF Jason Bay to a 4 year contract.... :shock: :shock:

Hopefully he doesn't get injured like most of the 09 Mets... :pray:

4 teams are reportedly giving offers to Jose Valverde. The Dbacks and Tigers are reportedly 2 of those 4 teams.. Valverde would be looking for a multi-year deal. I don't think we'll sign him because we were hesitant to sign Fernando Rodney and Brandon Lyon to multi-year deals...

Rodney is an Angel.

OF Brian Anderson (former White Sox/Red Sox OF) signs with the Royals.
OF Coco Crisp signs with the A's.
Blue Jays acquire Brendan Morrow from the Mariners for RHP Brandon League and OF Johermyn Chavez.
Nationals sign P Jason Marquis for 2 years and P Matt Capps to be their closer for a year.

Some news for Charlie..
Braves are negotiating a deal with Troy Glaus. Currently the deal is pending because of his injury past... It'd be for a year and he would play 1B.

:pop:

Back