2005 Studio Portraits cards

For the player collector who don't have the patience to try to get all 56 cards in this set, and don't care what's written on the backs ... may I suggest trying to complete a type set of the 8 different front sides of your favorite player in this set....

Red (pinkish) border, color portrait
Red (pinkish) border, black & white portrait
Blue border, color portrait
Blue border, black & white portrait
Sepia (tan) border, color portrait
Sepia (tan) border, black & white portrait
White (gray) border, color portrait
White (gray) border, black & white portrait

This would be a lot less expensive (especialy if you went after the higher serial numbers of each kind), and much easier to complete. And, it would look great in your PC.

Bagwell

MARINOLR said:
Do you have any extra Jeff Bagwells. Thanks.

Not that I can find in this set. I saw a #/5 in this set sell for $20 (+$2 s/h) on E-Bay, but I didn't know anyone who collected him. If you'll let me know which cards you're missing in this set, I'd be glad to help you find them as I search for the Frank Thomas and Bo cards I still need.

PS. Did Bagwell have any cards in the 2007 Topps M&M set? If so, what were the card #s? Thanks :)

I just bought my first Box of cards since 1991, and it was this product. I got a good deal, so I wont be too upset if I don't pull a Bo or Frank Thomas card, but it sure would be sweet if it had one of my badly needed #/5 cards. Any wish lists before I open it?

Well, I opened it (no Frank or Bo). Here's what I pulled (108 base Donruss Studio cards (90%) + 12 Insert Cards (10%) = 120 cards per box):

Studio Portrait insert cards:
Mariano Rivera (Yankees), SP-42, Blue-Color, Diamond Kings back, Ser #48/50Whitey Ford (Yankees), SP-61, Red-B&W, Diamond Kings back, Ser #17/50
Kirk Gibson (Dodgers), SP-93, Red-Color, Studio back, Ser #48/50
Carlton Fisk (Red Sox), SP-100, Blue-B&W, Zenith back, Ser #32/50

Studio Stars (clear) insert cards:
BJ Upton (Rays), 5-2
Mark Mulder (Cardinals), 5-12,
Derek Jeter (Yankees), 5-26
BJ Upton (rays), 5-33

Studio Autographs:
Jose Castillo (Pirates), 226
Adrian Gonzalez (Rangers), 276

Studio Spirit of the Game insert:
Alfonso Soriano 2B, SOG-14, Ser #218/600

Studio Stars Diamond Cuts insert:
Greg Maddux, DC-14, Ser #1234/1250

I finally found one for you! I don't know if you're still collecting them, but I have a Bo Jackson (back says Donruss Throwback Threads, SP-16, #14/30). Any chance you have a Puckett 2004 Leaf Exhibits sitting around?

Would you be interested in the Bo Jackson 2005 Studio Portraits (Donruss Throwback Threads, SP-16, #14/30)? I'm looking for any Kirby Puckett cards I don't have. LMK. Thanks!

Kirby

youseekyoda421 said:
Would you be interested in the Bo Jackson 2005 Studio Portraits (Donruss Throwback Threads, SP-16, #14/30)? I'm looking for any Kirby Puckett cards I don't have. LMK. Thanks!

I would. I don't have any 2004 Leaf Exhibit cards. Was he in the 2005 Studio Portraits set? If so, which ones are you missing? Thanks, MG

bojacksoncollector said:
I would. I don't have any 2004 Leaf Exhibit cards. Was he in the 2005 Studio Portraits set? If so, which ones are you missing? Thanks, MG
Kirby only appeared in the Leaf Exhibits set (fortunately!) , but I'm looking for any cards of his I don't have. Do you have a trade site? Otherwise post any cards of his that you have and I'll let you know what I've got. Thanks!

Kirby

youseekyoda421 said:
Kirby only appeared in the Leaf Exhibits set (fortunately!) , but I'm looking for any cards of his I don't have. Do you have a trade site? Otherwise post any cards of his that you have and I'll let you know what I've got. Thanks!

Was Kirby in the Topps M&M set? If so, what number(s) cards? Any other players you collect? Thanks.

Back