Who Is The Nation's Top Freshman?

Who Is The Nation's Top Freshman?

• Total voters
Hell no this isn't even close...

Michael Crabtree blows all of the others away, Hands down no question, DONE.

Now his numbers are absolutely ridiculous, will be a long time before his number are even reached again.

He has 103 receptions with 2 games left!

1500+ yards of recieving, 18 damn touchdowns...18...yes 18.

Now I'm sure a lot of the people will say "look at the system". This system has been here for 7-8 years now and no one has even came close to these numbers, much less a freshman. He is having a truly remarkable season hands down.

Hell no this isn't even close...

Michael Crabtree blows all of the others away, Hands down no question, DONE.

Now his numbers are absolutely ridiculous, will be a long time before his number are even reached again.

He has 103 receptions with 2 games left!

1500+ yards of recieving, 18 damn touchdowns...18...yes 18.

Now I'm sure a lot of the people will say "look at the system". This system has been here for 7-8 years now and no one has even came close to these numbers, much less a freshman. He is having a truly remarkable season hands down.
until texas tech plays in some real games and really contends for a title i wouldnt really consider anyone from that team for an mvp type award

You obviously have never watched Sam Bradford or Knowshon Moreno play football if you are going to say Crabtree "blows all of the others away."

You obviously haven't seen Crabtree play. I have seen them play and crabtree this year as a freshmen has been the best by far. No one puts up numbers like that.

until texas tech plays in some real games and really contends for a title i wouldnt really consider anyone from that team for an mvp type award

What does team play have to do with someone putting up numbers? People consider colt brennan for things yet he plays in the god awful wac.

What does team play have to do with someone putting up numbers? People consider colt brennan for things yet he plays in the god awful wac.

no i dont consider colt brennan for anything either. im not impressed by numbers put up in a system like that against opponents like that
they play us later this year but so far their schedule has included rice, smu, utep, northewestern state and baylor who i will give you is a conference team
and all that one a team where running is never an option
the team has 136 rush attempt so far and nearly 600 pass attempts
compared to OU who has 255 pass attempts and 330 rush attempts & LSU who has 275 pass atempts and 375 rush attempts

no i dont consider colt brennan for anything either. im not impressed by numbers put up in a system like that against opponents like that
they play us later this year but so far their schedule has included rice, smu, utep, northewestern state and baylor who i will give you is a conference team
and all that one a team where running is never an option
the team has 136 rush attempt so far and nearly 600 pass attempts
compared to OU who has 255 pass attempts and 330 rush attempts & LSU who has 275 pass atempts and 375 rush attempts

I definately see a point there. My point is this. That system has been there for years and no one has put up numbers like this regardless of classification. No Junior Soph. Senior or anything. He is a freshmen.

Teams know its coming, everyone knows they pass, but he still puts up these numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying best freshman on the best team either, but being good also means helping your team win.

that was the thought i used in voting for bradford, i even said if i was going by numbers alone i would probably say moreno simply because i have a lot more respect for georgia than texas tech

theres a big difference between mvp type voting and heisman type voting(although no freshman will ever win heisman if adrian peterson didnt his freshman year)
and i went with the mvp style

Back