What's the suspension for intentionally trying to permanently blind someone?

I think some, not all, but some college fans take the game far too seriously. When you are at the point of hoping the player should die, then you are probably taking it too far. Have you ever physically retaliated against someone? If so, should you die? I dont condone the eye poking, but think realistically here.

Charlie, had this occurred in a Wisconsin-Whitewater vs. Wisconsin-La Crosse matchup, would this be a very big issue to you? Would you even care to see what other message boards had to say about the incident? Think sensibly now. I think its unwarranted and stupid to claim someone should die because of an incident on the field. Its not like he raped, killed, and dismembered the body. Then to follow up and claim anyone who says "thats what happens in the pile" can die along with him? Guess what. Getting poked in the eye does happen. The majority of the time it isnt intentional, but it happens. And thats what I think Ryan was getting at, and I was agreeing with. Shields serve more of a purpose than looking cool and keeping grass and sun out of your eyes. It also keeps fingers out, because that does happen.

I think some, not all, but some college fans take the game far too seriously. When you are at the point of hoping the player should die, then you are probably taking it too far. Have you ever physically retaliated against someone? If so, should you die? I dont condone the eye poking, but think realistically here.

Charlie, had this occurred in a Wisconsin-Whitewater vs. Wisconsin-La Crosse matchup, would this be a very big issue to you? Would you even care to see what other message boards had to say about the incident? Think sensibly now. I think its unwarranted and stupid to claim someone should die because of an incident on the field. Its not like he raped, killed, and dismembered the body. Then to follow up and claim anyone who says "thats what happens in the pile" can die along with him? Guess what. Getting poked in the eye does happen. The majority of the time it isnt intentional, but it happens. And thats what I think Ryan was getting at, and I was agreeing with. Shields serve more of a purpose than looking cool and keeping grass and sun out of your eyes. It also keeps fingers out, because that does happen.
Your smaller school argument is pointless.

How can you compare an unintentional act to an obvious intent to destroy someone's vision? That argument is stupid as well.

Spikes is worthless and a waste of air. My reaction might be different because he did it to my team, but I would feel that same way had he did it to LSU or Bama or any other team. What would Fudge's reaction be if he did it to Mark Ingram? How would Mike feel if it happened to Chad Jones?

I haven't gone looking all over message boards to get reactions. I've been to 3 message boards today. UGASports, TCG, and the Buccaneers message boards. The same websites I visit every day. I didn't do anything else I havent done any other day becuase of his incident.

This is apparently why Spikes did it (according to Meyers...):

[youtube]D6Z2G22GZ0Y[/youtube]

He forgets to strap up his helmet (like he always does) and get knocked around by the FB and accidentally hit in the eye. So he decides to try to destroy a kids vision?

Spikes is a thug and needs to be suspended for the rest of the year.

I should also add that my comment earlier was not aimed at Ryan. :salut: It was aimed at all the Florida fans that have been using that excuse since Saturday.

Your smaller school argument is pointless.

How can you compare an unintentional act to an obvious intent to destroy someone's vision? That argument is stupid as well.

Spikes is worthless and a waste of air. My reaction might be different because he did it to my team, but I would feel that same way had he did it to LSU or Bama or any other team. What would Fudge's reaction be if he did it to Mark Ingram? How would Mike feel if it happened to Chad Jones?

I haven't gone looking all over message boards to get reactions. I've been to 3 message boards today. UGASports, TCG, and the Buccaneers message boards. The same websites I visit every day. I didn't do anything else I havent done any other day becuase of his incident.

How is my smaller school argument pointless? I guarantee you wouldnt be crying about it had it been a smaller school. Was the player injured? If not, then go wipe your tears and realize that everything will be ok.

He tried to gouge someone's eyes. It doesn't matter if it's a small school, huge school, or random guy on the street. What he did was f**ked up. Period. It gets on tv because he did it in front of millions of people on live television.

Does it matter that the player who he tried to physically harm did not get hurt? NO. That's like intentionally firing a gun at someone, missing, and saying "oh it missed you, no harm no foul".......

It does happen all the time, it's not right and I can guarantee there are players on every team that have done something like this. They do need stiff penalties to deter players from stupid actions like this. It is childish punks that need to resort to this crap. All it says is he is not man enough to smack the player in the mouth with a football hit and must react like a child would.

I dont think you guys know how to read.

Number One I never said it was ok. In fact, I said multiple times that I did not think it was ok. Please go back and read what I wrote.

Number Two With that said, it would not be as big of a deal to you guys had it been a smaller school. You would have watched the video, made your comment, and left it at that. But instead I see a lot of crying, mainly on Charlie's part.

It happens, get over it.

Back