What's the suspension for intentionally trying to permanently blind someone?

I should also add that my comment earlier was not aimed at Ryan. :salut: It was aimed at all the Florida fans that have been using that excuse since Saturday.

I stopped caring about this arguement a couple of days ago, so I stopped reading this thread.

But then today, I realized it has 4 pages and I wondered why.

I'm not offended, it's all good.

I think if you could get an HONEST answer from Spikes, if it were a perfect world, he would say that he wasn't trying to BLIND another person.

He was caught up in the moment and made a dumb mistake. He wanted to cause some pain and make it harder for dude to get the ball.

I agree with the assessment that this really dumb and he should be punished. I do not agree with the idea that he was trying permanantly injure another player.

I hope he dies a slow painful death and anyone that tries to justify what he did by saying "that's what happens in the pile" can die with him.

And this is a gross over reaction.

Subtract football from this entire equation. Dude A and B are at a club. Dude A doesn't like Dude B. Dude A makes an unsuccessful attempt to poke Dude B in the eye.

Aside from looking like a total Nancy in a bar fight, does Dude A really deserve to die a slow painful death or have all of his ligaments torn in his body (or whatever I read a couple of posts ago)?

In real life, not on the field of a sport, he would maybe get a misdemeanor for his actions.

I think what Team Jameson is saying, is that Team Charlie is over reacting.

No one is saying it's okay to do that. I think everyone agrees he should be suspended, and if every player that does that under a pile were caught on camera, they would get suspended too.

The real topic that we should discuss is HOW LONG SHOULD HE BE SUSPENDED.

Spikes is a dick. That's a dick move. If it happened to some emo singer, ya'll would be slittin' wrists and stuff. I'm just shocked that none of the other UGA players saw said incident happen and try to lynch Spikes on the field or off the goal posts. I agree with Fudge and Charlie to a point. I wouldn't want Spikes to die, but, I would want him to sit the rest of the year, but ...

...Florida is the NCAA's and ESPN / CBS / BCS darling. Spikes already missed time with an injury. Can't make him sit for the rest of the year, because Florida wouldn't be as good and might not win it all and make television stations millions of dollars ...

And props to Trevor Madich :salut:

For those that don't know, the only reason Spikes is doing this is to let his groin injury heal. Don't let them fool you. He isn't needed against Vandy. If it was Bama he would be playing.

Back