Basketball The OFFICIAL Basketball Team HBC - May 2014

That puts us with just 3 spots left to go, and still some really good teams left on the board! Let's get this one filled up! Remember, everyone will end up with at least 3 teams every month.

On the fence with this one, I probably shouldn't. I'm guessing a full break of 10 people will mean higher end product? (or a ton of the lower end :D)

OK put me down for the Wizards.

This group will operate much like the basketball group that Mike Lindegarde and Tb40 used to host on TCC, meaning we'll try to break different things from multiple years. We'll try to stay away from high end stuff, except for maybe once a year or so we might splurge a little. I'd like to try to break at least a box of everything that's released every year, though, that isn't high-end and just fill in with some older stuff when there's nothing new available.

straightbutta14 will be joining us with the Clippers. That puts us down to just 1 spot remaining to be completely full for our first month.

Let's hear your box preferences, guys. I'll try to post a few selections at some point during the weekend.

Just a suggestion:

13/14 Totally Certified (3 autos)
13/14 Intrigue (4 auto/ memorabilia)
12/13 Momentum (5 Autos)
12/13 Crusade (3 autos/ 3 mem)
12/12 Past/ Present (3 auto/ 1 mem)

Should be close to price range if we do not fill last spot

I do have an odd question. Are we going to be doing any upper deck products? I know franklinguys list is just a suggestion. But if we're not going to do any UD products I would like to change my team.

Yeah they are pricey. Can you switch me to the thunder?

I can do that, but keep in mind we will try to plug in an Upper Deck box here and there. It's really a must considering that's the only way for a shot at Lebron and Jordan. That said, most of those products are expensive so I'm not sure how much of it we'll be able to do on a monthly basis. One thing to remember here is that you'll also get 2 drafted teams, so for some people having the Bulls or Heat "just in case" will be the way to go.

Here are some box choices for the first month of our basketball break. This is assuming we end up with only 9 members this month. If someone else joins, we'll make it easy and just add a box of 12-13 Limited with that extra money. As always, if anyone else would like to post an option of your own, feel free to do so.

Option 1

13-14 Totally Certified (3 autos, 3 relics)
13-14 Intrigue (4 hits)
12-13 Momentum (5 autos)
12-13 Crusade (3 autos, 3 relics)
11-12 Past & Present (3 autos, 1 relic)

25 Total Hits

Option 2

13-14 Gold Standard (4 autos, 1 relic)
13-14 Elite (2 autos, 2 relics)
13-14 Titanium (2 autos, 3 relics)
12-13 Brilliance X2 (4 autos, 2 relics)
12-13 Panini (2 autos)

22 Total Hits

Option 3

13-14 SP Authentic (3 autos)
13-14 Totally Certified (3 autos, 3 relics)
12-13 Preferred (3 autos)
12-13 Absolute (3 autos, 1 relic)

16 Total Hits

Last edited:
Back