Quitting the hobby...

onyxdragon5977

Massive Jackson Stalker
So, this past week, since Fathers Day, has been pure hell. Found out some stuff about my wife that really upset me on Sunday, and all the shit kinda rolled downhill. The long and the short of our discussions were card related.

Found that cards have been a sore spot for her for almost 10 years. She absolutely hates them, but likes when I get stuff cuz it makes me happy. Go figure. So, with everything we have been talking about this week, I promised her that there would be no stuff purchased or traded for anymore. I have 6 2500 count boxes full of shit that i'm donating.

So in order to save my marriage, I want to say thank you to all who have sent me stuff out of the blue, especially Kelly, Sliq and Andy (who was my first trade on the old site, CP...) and I also want to thank everyone who is here still. You guys make my day most days. Sliq, thanks for the few Paypal loans for some huge PC items, couldn't have done this without ya!

I'll still be around, but no more maildays. I have someone who is sending me a freebie, and I will scan it when I get it. Thanks guys for everything.

Hate to hear it for you, but you are doing the right thing. Hopefully this will begin a great new chapter in your life.

is it the pictures of men everywhere? homoerotic tendancies?

sucks, maybe you will stick your toes in the water again in the future

Cards definitely aren't worth all the hassle. While collecting is fun, there are a lot more worthwhile things in life. Hope to still see you on the boards!

Hate to hear it for you, but you are doing the right thing. Hopefully this will begin a great new chapter in your life.

Cards definitely aren't worth all the hassle. While collecting is fun, there are a lot more worthwhile things in life. Hope to still see you on the boards!

I agree with both of these things... save what matters to you most. There are so many better things in life than cards. I too have the hobby on the back burner but still love to keep track of whats going on on TCG :)

Sorry to hear Aaron. A hobby should be a fun thing and something to bring enjoyment out of the overall stresses of everyday life, not one that adds to it. Hope to see you be able to still enjoy it in the future when it isn't an issue in life.

Dang hate to see a great person leave the hobby. At least you are working on personal matters and not choosing a Hobby over your life. Some people would do the rather i'm sure.
Glad you will still be around and talking at least you can live threw us. :)

I wish you all the best in this new step in life

Thanks to all. It's very important to me to earn my wifes trust back and vice versa. Got a date with her tonight as soon as she gets off work, which she was supposed to be off 30 minutes ago...but I need to get my head on straight again. Still gonna post and lurk though. :)

Thank you for all you've done too, Aaron. I haven't forgotten the 1/1 MSW you sent. You will get something from me for that. And I'll make sure to put a note in the package that says this is a freebie, that Aaron didn't buy pictures of men on cardboard :salut:

Women > Cards

You, my friend, are smart.

Thanks bud. Just need to get my priorities in order and start to work on my marriage before it's gone.

Thank you for all you've done too, Aaron. I haven't forgotten the 1/1 MSW you sent. You will get something from me for that. And I'll make sure to put a note in the package that says this is a freebie, that Aaron didn't buy pictures of men on cardboard :salut:

No need to repay me Dave. That's why they're called "freebies". You have been awesome to me too, and I appreciate that very much. My wife knows of the people on TCG, so if there are freebies, she won't freak out. She kinda flipped when I got that Jackson 1/1 from Kelly and Sliq, thinking that I got it off Feebay...

yup, agree.

many times my wife has commented that my priorities are out-of-whack.
sometimes i listen ... good work, & good luck!

I have quit for long stretches. Always come back. Change focus and only spend money off stuff I sell (typically). Good luck. It is probably for the best, as material possessions are not nearly as important as personal relationships.

Back