Football Official Dallas Cowboys Talk

I know it's not fair to pick on last year's workhorse just because he signed with another team. Heck, I don't know a single player in the league who wouldn't have done the same thing. Nonetheless, I thought this was funny and just had to share.

1530549_10204880145355548_1428143219340491607_n.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I've never thought McFadden was any good, but that could just be because he played for the Raiders. Hopefully he can come in and have the best year of his career! Doubtful but, hey, a guy can hope right!?

I have always thought he was good he has just stayed hurt. Hopefully behind that line he can stay healthy. They should not expect to get 300 carries out him but could be effective with Randle and Dunbar playing a larger role

I still look for the Cowboys to pick up someone else in the draft, too, unless they sign another FA. I'm not comfortable going into the season these those 3 guys, and I'm hoping the Cowboys aren't either.

I am pretty sure they looking at McFadden as a temporary fix, I would still love to see Gurley fall to is in the second round

Cowboys signed defensive end Greg Hardy today. The contract, worth up to $13 millions sounds expensive but it's laced with game incentives so if he's suspended he doesn't get paid near as much. According to Spagnola, his base salary is only $750,000, and no guarantees. Let's hope he gets to play, and he gets back to his once Pro Bowl form!

The Cowboys have restructured Romo's contract, clearing up quite a bit of space in this year's cap (but costing us an additional $3+ million in each of the next 3 seasons). I like clearing the cap space this year, but I don't like pushing it back into the future so it just becomes too much to handle. I'm seeing the Cowboys and Romo splitting ways within the next few years when it's time to pay up. Hopefully Romo, behind this offensive line, can keep playing like he did this past season so we won't have to worry about that, though.

They also resigned Rolando McClain, which is something I'd hoped would happen. I believe if he can stay healthy, and off of drugs (or at least to the point that he doesn't get caught) he can be a beast in this league. He started the season out great, I thought, and trickled down from there. Hopefully his contract, which is only for 1 year and includes incentives, will cause him to step it up again this season.

They also signed a guy who has only played 5 games of football in his life (for the London Warriors in the British League). His name is Efe Obada and he's a defensive end/tight end. He's a big guy, at 6'6" / 255lbs. I wish he were a bit shorter, at that same weight, but hopefully he'll be a guy who can compete for a roster spot and push some of the other guys in training camp.

How do you guys feel about the Cowboys draft picks? I'm pretty happy overall. I love that they snagged Gregory up. I can't believe he fell that far and, after listening to his phone call, I think he'll have something to prove come game time. Jones looks to be one heck of an athlete, too, and we all know how much Marinelli loves good athletes. He may turn this guy into a beast, either at corner or safety. The only pick I wasn't sure about was the last pick where they got a tight end. I would've thought that was one of our more solidified positions with Witten, Escobar, and Hannah. I would have rather seen them draft an interior offensive lineman that could possibly compete for a spot. Like I said, though, I think they did pretty good overall. What say you?

Back