Football Official Dallas Cowboys Talk

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Yeah, because they're so awesome that they need their own thread. Besides, there are more Cowboys fans on TCZ than any other team, I think. I'm sure they're one of the most hated, too, though. :D

Anyways, the Cowboys have now released Kyle Orton, shooting a hole in my theory that Brandon Weeden was only brought in for OTAs and minicamp. Now it looks like he's the man should something happen to Romo. I'll be keeping my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed in hopes that nothing happens to Romo this season!

you guys still have the wonderboy that is Caleb Hanie, id love to see him as Romo's backup, because I know im sitting on gold with his cards since Romo WILL go down at some point during the season...

if I were a Cowboys fan, I would like Romo til about Week 13, but dude isn't very clutch, so that is about the time you need a new QB to come in

Hey, cool! I actually didn't know the Cowboys had gotten him back. I agree about Hanie. He's got great potential. However, I disagree about Romo being clutch. He's one of the best clutch quarterbacks in the game. In fact, ESPN just rated him #6 among active quarterbacks. He also has the best 4th quarter QBR in the history of the game. I'd say he's clutch enough.

how many playoff wins?

how has he done in games that would clinch a playoff berth?

id rather roll with Orton...and yes, the rating numbers favor Romo, but there is this thing called "Garbage Time"...

4th Quarter, 2 minutes left in the Super Bowl, down 4, Romo is not the 6th quarterback I would take in that situation, the top 3 I would take are Brady and the Mannings. that still leaves Kaepernick, Wilson, Rivers (who puts up solid numbers but sucks at overall winning of games), Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Newton...

I could see Romo going in the 12-18 area, but not 6th

I didn't make the list. :p Although, I'd have him in the top 10 if I were to make that list. Playoff wins, clincher games, etc cannot fall completely on Romo. Look at how the defense on this team has played in those games. I don't care how good your quarterback is. If your defense can't get a stop, your team loses, and this defense...they SUCK!

I agree that the QB takes the blame and gets the praise in games, and usually isn't the stud of the game

[part of me can't believe I'm posting in this thread:cool:]

That is what DEZ will be doing all season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is that his signature? Never mind as soon as I hit "post" I realized my joke wasn't going to be that funny, and understood whatever was confusing me at first.

WOW that d looks so bad...well from what I saw the o looks fine even without some stars.. but that d man ...well dont think it can get worse

Back