Man, vintage collectors need to relax a little bit

wdkantro2

Bench Warmer
I'll preface this by saying I've been kind of bored with modern stuff recently. Brady stuff is way too expensive, all the Pats guys I buy end up gone the next year and everyone else's prices fluctuate so much it gets annoying. So I started buying/selling old stuff, specifically T206s. I listed 4 yesterday, and almost immediately got this "question":
Your figures on the Pop report and completely false and misleading and your listings can be viewed as fabrications and removed from Ebay.
I had no idea what he meant, as I had copy and pasted exactly what the pop. report said into the auction, and that's what I told him in response. He says "Then you need to know how to read the Pop report and a better understanding of the T206 reporting." I pasted only the population report for my exact card because it is broken down by the backs, which apparently is a new feature. So there have most likely been a lot them graded higher than mine, but they aren't reported in the specific back breakdown that I used. Fine. I tell the guy sorry, I didn't understand it and it has been changed, and not to take it personally. I figured it was over, but he replies with "And the "true" vintage card experts would appreciate it you'd get your facts straight! Then me and the hundreds of others who have a right to be concerned and are concerned about hobby accuracy, won't take it "personally"."
It probably won't sound like much to most of you, but I just can't believe that this guy wouldn't just say "It's OK, now you know."
end rant

I am on the PSA boards quite a bit and a lot of those guys are odd birds, especialy those T206 guys. I see exactly where you are coming from.

Probably because there are many that are strictly in it to profit off the shadiness of the hobby and people have come to expect the worst from others.

The guy probably pre-assumed you reported that way to mislead buyers rather than it being an honest mistake. I'm sure many people do that and claim ignorance of the reality of it.

Burned once they tend to overreact in the future.

Back