2023 A&G Baseball Rip Card Experience

horfin

Veteran
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
So I bought a 2023 A&G UNRIPPED RIP CARD of Oneil Cruz for my son #'d of 199 for Christmas. We don't buy enough A&G to have a realistic shot of ever pulling one.

I bought the card on Ebay for $50

We read on the internet that guys rip the cards in the parking lot in their car of where they buy them seem to have a good tradition of pulling good cards out of the rip - essentially a superstition.

We went out to my van and turned the interior lights on and he ripped the Cruz and pulled an "Extended" Ted Williams Mini - according to Becket $10. According to Beckett the Card once Ripped (the Cruz) is $10.00

So we spent $50 and got 2 $10 (even though I am guessing the Oneil is worth less than $10). Fun experience, but I don't know if I'd do it again. I mean I wouldn't trade back the experience with my son, but it pained me to watch my son rip a card #'d to 199.

Happy New Year...Just though Id'd share,
Bill

So I bought a 2023 A&G UNRIPPED RIP CARD of Oneil Cruz for my son #'d of 199 for Christmas. We don't buy enough A&G to have a realistic shot of ever pulling one.

I bought the card on Ebay for $50

We read on the internet that guys rip the cards in the parking lot in their car of where they buy them seem to have a good tradition of pulling good cards out of the rip - essentially a superstition.

We went out to my van and turned the interior lights on and he ripped the Cruz and pulled an "Extended" Ted Williams Mini - according to Becket $10. According to Beckett the Card once Ripped (the Cruz) is $10.00

So we spent $50 and got 2 $10 (even though I am guessing the Oneil is worth less than $10). Fun experience, but I don't know if I'd do it again. I mean I wouldn't trade back the experience with my son, but it pained me to watch my son rip a card #'d to 199.

Happy New Year...Just though Id'd share,
Bill

Rip cards are a real phenomenon, Bill, I have not ever owned any, but it's a cool concept.

Tbh, Teddy Ballgame is probably only ever going to increase in value, and while Cruz is hot right now, who knows what the future holds for him??

In any event, the time spent with your son is the real treasure,as you said!

Happy New Year!

Kevin

Back