Jeff Carter to CBJ!!!

BrownieBites

Bench Warmer
Kelly, first off I'd like to say I'm sorry because this may take the value of his cards down. (which you may like) But I am glad to say I am THRILLED TO DEATH that he is with the CBJ. I think he will help us out ten fold and it will only make us better. Are we a playoff team now, It remains to be seen. But I am HAPPY!! :D

I'm sad and very confused. In all honesty Philly raped Columbus in the deal and got a great return, but then they also turn around and trade Mike Richards. Again for a good return. But what I don't get is the fact that Philly is in a win now mode. They give up their core players about to go into their prime of their careers for younger unproven players and prospects. Pronger and Timonen are on their last legs and by the time this younger talent is ready the window will be gone.

Doesn't change my collecting habits one bit though and I actually look forward to the diversity that CBJ patches will bring to the collection.

Was amazed at the deals . But maybe there is something with Carter and Richards they were worried about?

In all honesty, i think both teams got good ends... voracek will excel in philly... columbus always does TERRIBLE in the draft... I'd rather trade every draft pick and get 2 players that know what they are doing in the NHL than draft...

Hmm let me name a few...

(okay but not great)2000 4 Rostislav Klesla Defense Czech Republic Brampton Battalion (OHL)
(bust)2001 8 Pascal Leclaire Goaltender Canada Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)
(only because he was 1st overall would we have picked the right player)2002 1* Rick Nash Left wing Canada London Knights (OHL) [a]
(bust)2003 4 Nikolai Zherdev Right wing Russia CSKA Moscow (RSL)
(bust)2004 8 Alexandre Picard Left wing Canada Lewiston Maineiacs (QMJHL)
(bust)2005 6 Gilbert Brule Center Canada Vancouver Giants (WHL)
(solid line 2 center)2006 6 Derick Brassard Center Canada Drummondville Voltigeurs (QMJHL)
(solid line 2 RW)2007 7 Jakub Voracek Right wing Czech Republic Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)
(remains to be seen)2008 6 Nikita Filatov Left wing Russia CSKA Moscow (RSL)
(shows good promise)2009 21 John Moore Defense United States Chicago Steel (USHL)
(have only heard good things about this guy)2010 4 Ryan Johansen≠ Center Canada Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

Those were our history of 1st round picks... this doesn't even go into 2nd rounders... and let me say www.bleacherreport.com did a story about NHL's best 2nd round picks per team... ours happened to be a bruiser and our 2nd closest was dan fritsche and he isn't in the NHL anymore. (I did like his desire, it was similar to umberger)

Back