I enjoyed reading this DeMeco Ryans blurb...

No one in the SEC can out run CJ. He is also a real back too. How many guys have gained 100+ against TCU?

A) CJ Spiller can outrun a lot of guys, correct. Does that means he's a great RB? No. Is he a good back? Yes.

B) I'm talking about where I see him in the NFL, not the MWC :salut:

Justin Fargas ran a 4.31 40 at the combine and was nto a good NFL rb so basing speed on if a RB is good or not is stupid. Plus who cares what he did against TCU?

Justin Fargas ran a 4.31 40 at the combine and was nto a good NFL rb so basing speed on if a RB is good or not is stupid. Plus who cares what he did against TCU?

Considering he is the only guy to do it this year and only one person did it last year, it says something. Toby Gerhardt, Chris Brown, and DeMarco Murray couldn't do it.

Considering he is the only guy to do it this year and only one person did it last year, it says something. Toby Gerhardt, Chris Brown, and DeMarco Murray couldn't do it.

He's not the only guy to do it this year..............

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292970252

And Air Force ran for over 225 yards on TCU.

And you are talking about how great he would do in the SEC, the premier conference in America over the last few years, by bringing up what he did against a team from the Mountain West Conference.

Don't get me wrong, I think Spiller is a great return man and a dangerous weapon. I do not think he is all that and a side of bacon as a RB though.

He's not the only guy to do it this year..............

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292970252

And Air Force ran for over 225 yards on TCU.

And you are talking about how great he would do in the SEC, the premier conference in America over the last few years, by bringing up what he did against a team from the Mountain West Conference.

Don't get me wrong, I think Spiller is a great return man and a dangerous weapon. I do not think he is all that and a side of bacon as a RB though.

I overlooked the BYU guy. Air Force does not count since they run the Triple Option or Wing T or whatever the hell they call it.

TCU's defense is on par with more than most SEC teams so it is a decent comparison. Spiller is by no means the best pure running back, but as a do-it-all guy he is the best right now. He can rush, but for Clemson, Andre Ellington is more than capable of running th ball so it allows us to send Spiller out at WR or on a wheel route to get in the open field.

Back