Does Ohio State deserve......

Should they be in the BCS Title Game

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
So nobody is going to admit to knowing how to vote more then once????:ban:You will all see that Ohio State has no business being in the National Championship when LSU beats the crap out of them like Florida did last year!

As much as I hate to admit it, even though they likely will get crushed but they are the only 1 loss team from a major conference (who won it as well). No matter how much better you think USC, Oklahoma, Georgia, etc. are than them, you just can't replace a 1 loss team with a 2 loss one. If USC or Oklahoma truly deserved to be in the title game, they should have taken care of business against Stanford and Texas Tech respectively. Every team this year had their chance to get to the title game (aside from Hawaii of course:roflmao:), and each one blew it with one (in Kansas' case) or multiple losses.

As much as I hate to admit it, even though they likely will get crushed but they are the only 1 loss team from a major conference (who won it as well). No matter how much better you think USC, Oklahoma, Georgia, etc. are than them, you just can't replace a 1 loss team with a 2 loss one. If USC or Oklahoma truly deserved to be in the title game, they should have taken care of business against Stanford and Texas Tech respectively. Every team this year had their chance to get to the title game (aside from Hawaii of course:roflmao:), and each one blew it with one (in Kansas' case) or multiple losses.

I don't think USC deserves to be in the Championship........but I think Ohio State should be in the Rose Bowl.........either way they would get destroyed......but anyways, this is getting old......the Big 10 is weak.......they barely deserve to have 1 team in a BCS Bowl and they have 2:ban:

I don't think USC deserves to be in the Championship........but I think Ohio State should be in the Rose Bowl.........either way they would get destroyed......but anyways, this is getting old......the Big 10 is weak.......they barely deserve to have 1 team in a BCS Bowl and they have 2:ban:

I mostly agree, but the problem is, who would you have replace them?

I mostly agree, but the problem is, who would you have replace them?

OU......I don't know......the system is flawed........people talk trash about the Pac 10.......but look at the Big 10........Ohio State doesn't play anyone all year.......they don't have a conference championship and don't play everyone in their conference.

the Big 10 is weak

You keep saying this like some sort of Mantra, but I don't find your repetitive bantering very convincing. Out of 11 teams in the Big 10, only one had a losing record this year. Just because they don't have more than one team with 10 or more wins at the top doesn't mean that the conference as a whole is weak.

Let's go through the list - number of teams with losing records by conference:

Big 12 - 4
SEC - 2
Pac10 - 4
Big East - 2
ACC - 4

So, please explain why the Big 10 is weak, and such bottom heavy conferences like the Big 12 and Pac 10 are supposedly "strong" conferences.

OU......I don't know......the system is flawed........people talk trash about the Pac 10.......but look at the Big 10........Ohio State doesn't play anyone all year.......they don't have a conference championship and don't play everyone in their conference.

So essentially we would be putting two two loss champions in over a 1 loss champion:ban:

I believe that Georgia, LSU, USC and OU could beat Ohio St, but no matter what I think personally, the Buckeyes took care of business every week, albeit once while the other four teams lost twice. If USC, LSU or OU had just lost once (which most teams at the beginning of the year would expect themselves to need to do to make the championship), they would be in the National Championship right now, and it's that simple in my opinion.

And imagine if a 1 loss USC team was passed over by a 2 loss Ohio St team just because people felt USC had a easy schedule. Probably wouldn't be too happy, eh? ;)

You keep saying this like some sort of Mantra, but I don't find your repetitive bantering very convincing. Out of 11 teams in the Big 10, only one had a losing record this year. Just because they don't have more than one team with 10 or more wins at the top doesn't mean that the conference as a whole is weak.

Let's go through the list - number of teams with losing records by conference:

Big 12 - 4
SEC - 2
Pac10 - 4
Big East - 2
ACC - 4

So, please explain why the Big 10 is weak, and such bottom heavy conferences like the Big 12 and Pac 10 are supposedly "strong" conferences.

How many Top 10 teams did Big 10 teams beat this year besides Illinois beating an OVER-RATED Ohio State team:roll: THEY DON"T PLAY ANYONE!

So essentially we would be putting two two loss champions in over a 1 loss champion:ban:

I believe that Georgia, LSU, USC and OU could beat Ohio St, but no matter what I think personally, the Buckeyes took care of business every week, albeit once while the other four teams lost twice. If USC, LSU or OU had just lost once (which most teams at the beginning of the year would expect themselves to need to do to make the championship), they would be in the National Championship right now, and it's that simple in my opinion.

And imagine if a 1 loss USC team was passed over by a 2 loss Ohio St team just because people felt USC had a easy schedule. Probably wouldn't be too happy, eh? ;)

Oh....kind of like a 2 loss OU team passing up a 1 loss USC team to go to the National Championship in 04........can't preach that to me because my team has been in that position.....I never said USC deserves to be there...........just saying OU doesn't either.......OU won their conference this year and would put up a better fight then Ohio State will.

The Big 10 having 2 teams in BCS Bowl games is BS!

How many Top 10 teams did Big 10 teams beat this year besides Illinois beating an OVER-RATED Ohio State team:roll: THEY DON"T PLAY ANYONE!

Oh....kind of like a 2 loss OU team passing up a 1 loss USC team to go to the National Championship in 04........can't preach that to me because my team has been in that position.....I never said USC deserves to be there...........just saying OU doesn't either.......OU won their conference this year and would put up a better fight then Ohio State will.

The Big 10 having 2 teams in BCS Bowl games is BS!

Gotcha:salut:

But personally, no matter their schedule, Ohio St came off it with 1 loss and deserves to be in the title game in my opinion

OSU has played four teams with a record of 8-4 or better, and lost one.

OU has played five teams with a record of 8-4 or better (Missouri twice, and one was Tulsa out of Conference USA) and lost one, plus they lost to a 6-6 Colorado team.

Repeating your other mantra "THEY DON'T PLAY ANYONE" is also very unconvincing. Again, all I'm hearing is sour grapes.

Gotcha:salut:

But personally, no matter their schedule, Ohio St came off it with 1 loss and deserves to be in the title game in my opinion

I guess.....maybe I'm not wording things right.....or something..........alright, I guess they did what they had to do to get their and it's not their fault the system is flawed......but they still don't play anyone.

OSU has played four teams with a record of 8-4 or better, and lost one.

OU has played five teams with a record of 8-4 or better (Missouri twice, and one was Tulsa out of Conference USA) and lost one, plus they lost to a 6-6 Colorado team.

Repeating your other mantra "THEY DON'T PLAY ANYONE" is also very unconvincing. Again, all I'm hearing is sour grapes.

8-4 teams.....what the hell does that have to do with anything....THEY DON'T PLAY ANYONE........you are right....I keep saying it because it's true......they didn't play 1.....not 1 Top 10 team.........unless I missed something and Akron was in the Top 10:roflmao:

Okay, so OU played one twice, but lost to a 6-6 team, what does that say about them?

Not to mention you keep harping on how flawed the system is but you rely on the system (by using how many top 10 teams they've played) to support your argument. I've said it before, and it still holds true. You've got your blinders on, and I'm alright with that. To be honest, getting the same response every time is getting tiring.

Okay, so OU played one twice, but lost to a 6-6 team, what does that say about them?

Not to mention you keep harping on how flawed the system is but you rely on the system (by using how many top 10 teams they've played) to support your argument. I've said it before, and it still holds true. You've got your blinders on, and I'm alright with that. To be honest, getting the same response every time is getting tiring.

And USC played 2 Top 10 teams......beat 1 and lost to 1.......OU and USC are still better then Ohio State is.......USC doesn't deserve to be in the BCS Title game instead of Ohio State.....OU does though......they actually played in a Conferece Championship..........Ohio State is the only Big 10 team that should be in a BCS game........but, they should be in the Rose Bowl........getting pasted by USC.........now is that better???

And USC played 2 Top 10 teams......beat 1 and lost to 1.......OU and USC are still better then Ohio State is.......USC doesn't deserve to be in the BCS Title game instead of Ohio State.....OU does though......they actually played in a Conferece Championship..........Ohio State is the only Big 10 team that should be in a BCS game........but, they should be in the Rose Bowl........getting pasted by USC.........now is that better???

You really think USC is that good?

Back