???Controversy???Split Title???

Why would two teams be awarded a championship in a season like we've had???

Every team had an opportunity to go undefeated and every team blew it. And all the really good teams lost twice.

My point is if you lose a game, and especially if you lose twice, you can't debate too much because you failed to take care of business on the field. It becomes a beauty contest. Pick two teams to play, see who wins, and move on to next year.

If there's a split vote, might as well give Georgia a portion. Maybe the Orange Bowl winner as well.

(And Micah, USC beat Auburn 26-0 in '03... though it did seem like 55-0 from my seat;))

:doh:"are you challenging my fanhood in front of the ladies?":roflmao:

USC doesn't play anybody... ASU? Not really. I will give them Oregon as a credible win, but not even the Illinois game was credible. Illinois struggled with Indiana, lost to Iowa, yeah sure they beat Ohio St., but it was an upset (really didn't prove anything) They lost to Iowa and beat Western Illinois by 21. They just got lucky with the conference tie-in.

Oregon beat USC.

I've thrown all of my facts out there, if they're confusing, well it was a long night.

If USC deserves a split, What makes them more deserving than the two in the National Title? That's all I really want to know.

:doh:"are you challenging my fanhood in front of the ladies?":roflmao:

"Does your fanhood need challenging?":D

Seriously Micah, USC and LSU probably are the most talented teams in the nation. OK, tOSU, UGA, UF are right there as well, but their talent is mostly in the underclassmen ranks.

And not to get all psychological on you (ok, maybe I am), but if Auburn had a 6-year run going like USC has had with two championships already, and we went out and lost to say Georgia and Vandy, I really wouldn't want them to have a title next to their names (takes away from the really great '03 and '04 USC teams).

USC doesn't play anybody... ASU? Not really. I will give them Oregon as a credible win, but not even the Illinois game was credible. Illinois struggled with Indiana, lost to Iowa, yeah sure they beat Ohio St., but it was an upset (really didn't prove anything) They lost to Iowa and beat Western Illinois by 21. They just got lucky with the conference tie-in.

Illinois also beat Wisconsin, beat Penn St., and lost to Missourri by a touchdown without their starting QB. The games they lost were close (except USC, of course), and I love how you just dismiss their win against Ohio St. because it was an upset. Not sure of your point there. It's not like they tripped and fell into a 9-3 record heading into their game against USC

"Does your fanhood need challenging?":D

Seriously Micah, USC and LSU probably are the most talented teams in the nation. OK, tOSU, UGA, UF are right there as well, but their talent is mostly in the underclassmen ranks.

And not to get all psychological on you (ok, maybe I am), but if Auburn had a 6-year run going like USC has had with two championships already, and we went out and lost to say Georgia and Vandy, I really wouldn't want them to have a title next to their names (takes away from the really great '03 and '04 USC teams).

I'm glad you got that:roflmao:......and as far as the splits go......I could care less about who gets it as long as someone does really......I hope if there is enough of these that the NCAA will get tired of the BCS and move toward a playoff.....but realistically.....it will never happen.....BCS brings in too much money:ban:

D-1 Playoffs are in the hands of the school Presidents.

And Gordon Gee (tOSU's President via Vandy) is a major player. He stated a few weeks ago that a playoff ain't happening. He went on to say that he would go back to the old bowl system if he had his way (that system was a nightmare).

So for the future, the #1 goal each August will be to beat every team on your schedule and hope that's enough to get a title.

Illinois also beat Wisconsin, beat Penn St., and lost to Missourri by a touchdown without their starting QB. The games they lost were close (except USC, of course), and I love how you just dismiss their win against Ohio St. because it was an upset. Not sure of your point there. It's not like they tripped and fell into a 9-3 record heading into their game against USC

Wouldn't question Illinois at all if they had played decent in their bowl game. I'm not dismissing their win against Ohio St. because they are a good teams, but I just don't think they're ready to be in the BCS.

Last edited by a moderator:
D-1 Playoffs are in the hands of the school Presidents.

And Gordon Gee (tOSU's President via Vandy) is a major player. He stated a few weeks ago that a playoff ain't happening. He went on to say that he would go back to the old bowl system if he had his way (that system was a nightmare).

So for the future, the #1 goal each August will be to beat every team on your schedule and hope that's enough to get a title.

He's no idiot.....he knows every year that his teams will run the table in an entirely waaaaayyyy overrated Big 10 conference and if a playoff system were to come into play that his boys would never see another Title game.

Wouldn't question Illinois at all if they had played decent in their bowl game.

So tOSU is questionable since they played like crap in last years bowl and if it happens again this year will they be questionable???

So tOSU is questionable since they played like crap in last years bowl and if it happens again this year will they be questionable???

People dog tOSU because of last years bowl already, just look at the boards, so I think they already are questionable in most people eyes and so is the BigTen. I particularly don't care. There will not be a split because no team is any more deserving than those in the National Championship game. You can probably throw away everything that's been said on this thread because reality is that SOS can't play into anything and you can't say so and so beat so and so because now a days anybody can beat anybody, so really teams just have to go out there to go undefeated.

Last edited by a moderator:
People dog tOSU because of last years bowl already, just look at the boards, so I think they already are questionable in most people eyes and so is the BigTen. I particularly don't care. There will not be a split because no team is any more deserving than those in the National Championship game. You can probably throw away everything that's been said on this thread because reality is that SOS can't play into anything and you can't say so and so beat so and so because now a days anybody can beat anybody, so really teams just have to go out there to go undefeated.

agree with some of your points here.....but at the end of the day we all love our teams......and with that being said I understand that some "heated" conversations pop but that's all it is........we all have a right to our own opinions but it doesn't mean I respect anyone on hear any less because I value the friendships I have built here in the past year:salut:so I guess we will just have to watch how the BCS Championship plays out and leave it up that and the AP because really, none of our opinions even really matter:doh:

FWIW, the game on Monday could be very, very interesting. I'm rooting for LSU, but I'm still undecided on a winner.

agree with some of your points here.....but at the end of the day we all love our teams......and with that being said I understand that some "heated" conversations pop but that's all it is........we all have a right to our own opinions but it doesn't mean I respect anyone on hear any less because I value the friendships I have built here in the past year:salut:so I guess we will just have to watch how the BCS Championship plays out and leave it up that and the AP because really, none of our opinions even really matter:doh:

Very true; AP has a mind of their own. On a side note, I shouldn't have disvalued Illinois, they're a good ball team. :salut:

And for Monday I think LSU is the heavy favorite.

Back