???Controversy???Split Title???

Why doesn't Ohio St. deserve to be in the game? They navigated through their schedule with just one loss to Illinois. That's why they deserve to be in the game.

AND here's why USC does not deserve the split if Ohio St. wins. Let's look at this strenth of schedule: Ohio St. - 34th, USC - 77th. Now let's look at the schedule: Ohio St. thumped Washington (Want to argue that it was a close game until they 3rd, well guess what it is, but the 3rd quarter is when good teams seperate themselves), and USC beat them by 3. USC also had shakey games against Cal and Arizona. Now I will agree with this. USC is the one of the best teams in the nation, but the way Championship work in NCAA is that it's about the overall body of work accomplished by a team and not by their last 3 games. That's why there will be no split.

and If LSU wins? No split 'nuff said there.

:ban:according to who......they don't play anyone......nothing personal agains you of course bud:salut:

USC doesn't play anybody... ASU? Not really. I will give them Oregon as a credible win, but not even the Illinois game was credible. Illinois struggled with Indiana, lost to Iowa, yeah sure they beat Ohio St., but it was an upset (really didn't prove anything) They lost to Iowa and beat Western Illinois by 21. They just got lucky with the conference tie-in.

USC doesn't play anybody... ASU? Not really. I will give them Oregon as a credible win, but not even the Illinois game was credible. Illinois struggled with Indiana, lost to Iowa, yeah sure they beat Ohio St., but it was an upset (really didn't prove anything) They lost to Iowa and beat Western Illinois by 21. They just got lucky with the conference tie-in.

excuses......so USC losing to Stanford wasn't???

excuses......so USC losing to Stanford wasn't???

Yeah, USC losing to Standford was an upset, but they lost to Oregon and had all those close wins in the middle. Am I saying USC is worst than Ohio St. Nope I'm not, Ohio St. had their share of close games too. I'm just saying What makes USC better than Ohio St? That's the real question.

Yeah, USC losing to Standford was an upset, but they lost to Oregon and had all those close wins in the middle. Am I saying USC is worst than Ohio St. Nope I'm not, Ohio St. had their share of close games too. I'm just saying What makes USC better than Ohio St? That's the real question.

Read below.....

So USC's win agains Illinois didn't prove anything????Then why did you bring up the SOS when Illinois is 3rd on that list???:roll:

Yes Illinois is 3rd on the SOS schedule, but Mizz. was 1st and Ohio St. 4th which really boosted their SOS. The fact that they lost to Iowa and held several other close games show they weren't for real.

Why would two teams be awarded a championship in a season like we've had???

Every team had an opportunity to go undefeated and every team blew it. And all the really good teams lost twice.

My point is if you lose a game, and especially if you lose twice, you can't debate too much because you failed to take care of business on the field. It becomes a beauty contest. Pick two teams to play, see who wins, and move on to next year.

If there's a split vote, might as well give Georgia a portion. Maybe the Orange Bowl winner as well.

(And Micah, USC beat Auburn 26-0 in '03... though it did seem like 55-0 from my seat;))

Yes Illinois is 3rd on the SOS schedule, but Mizz. was 1st and Ohio St. 4th which really boosted their SOS. The fact that they lost to Iowa and held several other close games show they weren't for real.

So then niether is tOSU for losing to them, right???:pop:.....I'm lets be real here.....you say one thing and then completely controdict yourself......so Illinois was only a legit team when they beat tOSU but not when they lost to USC???

Why would two teams be awarded a championship in a season like we've had???

Every team had an opportunity to go undefeated and every team blew it. And all the really good teams lost twice.

My point is if you lose a game, and especially if you lose twice, you can't debate too much because you failed to take care of business on the field. It becomes a beauty contest. Pick two teams to play, see who wins, and move on to next year.

If there's a split vote, might as well give Georgia a portion. Maybe the Orange Bowl winner as well.

(And Micah, USC beat Auburn 26-0 in '03... though it did seem like 55-0 from my seat;))

That's another good question, whether tOSU or LSU win, if USC gets a share why doesn't UGA and VT (if they win) deserve to get a share?

So then niether is tOSU for losing to them, right???:pop:.....I'm lets be real here.....you say one thing and then completely controdict yourself......so Illinois was only a legit team when they beat tOSU but not when they lost to USC???

Never were legit, as far as I'm concerned their the Stanford in the BigTen, only difference is they got lucky with a 9 - 3 record to play in a Game they shouldn't have.

Back