???Controversy???Split Title???

trojanfan43

Bench Warmer
JoeyV posted a thread about a split title over on CP and thought that a thread like that over here might draw some interest......here are my thoughts:

I hate the thought of another split....but I can see it happening.......if LSU squeeks by Ohio St.(won't happen.......Blowout!!!).......or if Ohio St. wins(;))........don't see either happening so hopefully we won't have to deal with it........but say Ohio State does win.......the AP is USC's!!!!

Any thoughts????

I think USC is a good team but beating the crap out of Illinois proved nothing. They shouldn't have been in the Rose Bowl at all. I still think Deja Vu of a split title is very possible.

do not see it happening. if Ohio State loses, LSU gets it. if Ohio State wins then Ohio State gets it.

OSU might have lost to Illinois, but lets all remember USC lost to Stanford at home.

I think USC is a good team but beating the crap out of Illinois proved nothing. They shouldn't have been in the Rose Bowl at all. I still think Deja Vu of a split title is very possible.

Except for that fact that Ohio State doesn't deserve to be in the BCS title game........not saying USC should be their instead......but if Ohio State wins.......the AP will go to USC.

Except for that fact that Ohio State doesn't deserve to be in the BCS title game........not saying USC should be their instead......but if Ohio State wins.......the AP will go to USC.

everyone has a bad loss.

OSU did beat Michigan who dominated Fla.

remind me who USC beat during the regular season?

Arizona State who lost in the Holiday Bowl is their best win.

Advantage plus better record goes to tOSU.

do not see it happening. if Ohio State loses, LSU gets it. if Ohio State wins then Ohio State gets it.

OSU might have lost to Illinois, but lets all remember USC lost to Stanford at home.

Okay.....lets all remember........USC lost to Stanford:doh:who lost to ASU.....a Top 10 team......who USC later destroyed......

Lets also remember Ohio State.....they are in the BCS Title game......they lost to Illinois who lost to Michigan who lost to Appalachian St. but beat Florida in their Bowl game.......do you see where I am going with this????

USC is clearly the 2nd best team in the country behind LSU and if LSU loses the BCS title to a way overrated Ohio State.....then the AP will go to USC......we have seen worse happen in the past.....LSU split with a 1 loss USC team when there was an undefeated Auburn team out there(who USC throttled the following year at Auburn 55-0;))

Okay.....lets all remember........USC lost to Stanford:doh:who lost to ASU.....a Top 10 team......who USC later destroyed......

Lets also remember Ohio State.....they are in the BCS Title game......they lost to Illinois who lost to Michigan who lost to Appalachian St. but beat Florida in their Bowl game.......do you see where I am going with this????

USC is clearly the 2nd best team in the country behind LSU and if LSU loses the BCS title to a way overrated Ohio State.....then the AP will go to USC......we have seen worse happen in the past.....LSU split with a 1 loss USC team when there was an undefeated Auburn team out there(who USC throttled the following year at Auburn 55-0;))

what? that makes no sense.

what? that makes no sense.

exactly......it doesn't make any sense.....Ohio State lost to a team(Illinois) that lost to a team(Michigan) that lost to a Div. IAA team(App. St.).......you bring up the fact that USC lost to Stanford........look at the string of losses in the Big 10 and tell me why Ohio State is in the BCS Title game again.

exactly......it doesn't make any sense.....Ohio State lost to a team(Illinois) that lost to a team(Michigan) that lost to a Div. IAA team(App. St.).......you bring up the fact that USC lost to Stanford........look at the string of losses in the Big 10 and tell me why Ohio State is in the BCS Title game again.

you lost to Stanford at home

/thread.

Michigan last I checked won a major bowl game against a top school.

you lost to Stanford at home

/thread.

Michigan last I checked won a major bowl game against a top school.

And what does that say about your SEC!!!;)I see what you are doing here......you are just trying to make the BCS Title game meaningful by talking up Ohio State:ban:

Rexxy has been abducted by Kirk Herbstreit:roflmao:

Teams #1 and #2 in all polls are playing eachother. Who really gives a flying bucket of crap what happened in the other games, if #1 and #2 are playing the last game of the season against each other? The current #1 or #2 team will be the undisputed champ.

Why doesn't Ohio St. deserve to be in the game? They navigated through their schedule with just one loss to Illinois. That's why they deserve to be in the game.

AND here's why USC does not deserve the split if Ohio St. wins. Let's look at this strenth of schedule: Ohio St. - 34th, USC - 77th. Now let's look at the schedule: Ohio St. thumped Washington (Want to argue that it was a close game until they 3rd, well guess what it is, but the 3rd quarter is when good teams seperate themselves), and USC beat them by 3. USC also had shakey games against Cal and Arizona. Now I will agree with this. USC is the one of the best teams in the nation, but the way Championship work in NCAA is that it's about the overall body of work accomplished by a team and not by their last 3 games. That's why there will be no split.

and If LSU wins? No split 'nuff said there.

Back