Colorado first to join the PAC

Latest from a well-connected individual:

aTm is over 80% SEC. They want in and are working with the Slive to bring Oklahoma with them. Oklahoma prefers the SEC to the Pac10, but for some reason Slive does NOT want Oklahoma State, which makes it even tougher on Oklahoma. I have no idea how it ends, but right now the chances of Oklahoma coming without their cross-state rival are very slim.

This is all about the West. Once that is done the SEC looks to the ACC. I can't get confirmation on what the magic number is (14 or 16), but all signs point to 16 (two in each division).

Finally, the 'men' in Austin are scared to death of the SEC. They belong in the Pac10 with the Cal's and UCLA's of the world. If they wanted in, the SEC West looks like this next week: Texas, aTm, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would be joining LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Miss St.

I couldn't think of a good comment? Not quite. I just don't feel like wasting my time with a retard. To claim that Oklahoma is better than Georgia and Tennessee is retarded. Prove it to me first by playing an SEC schedule every year then we can talk. Until then, GTFO.

I couldn't think of a good comment? Not quite. I just don't feel like wasting my time with a retard. To claim that Oklahoma is better than Georgia and Tennessee is retarded. Prove it to me first by playing an SEC schedule every year then we can talk. Until then, GTFO.

Now we hear this from Kevin Scarbinsky of Bham News:

If the increasing number of media reports are true, at least four more Big 12 schools ? Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State ? will join Colorado in moving to the Pac-10.

Texas A&M, in the delightfully stubborn tradition of one of our favorite regents, Gene Stallings, the former Alabama football coach, may be just ornery and independent enough to go its own way.

Barring political intervention in the Lone Star State, two well-connected SEC insiders told The Birmingham News today, Texas A&M is going to leave the Big 12 and join the SEC.
The announcement could be made in a matter of days.

A&M officials have been undecided on whether to join the Pac-10 or the Southeastern Conference, but that has started to change in the past 48 hours.

One highly placed Big 12 school official said there was no doubt that league members Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would join the Pac-10.

“The decision has been made,” the official told the American-Statesman Saturday. “We’re bringing everybody to the Pac-10 but A&M.”

The official said that formal offers could be made this weekend and that the Aggies could still decide to go along. If the Aggies don’t go, he said, the Pac-10 would consider including Kansas or Utah as a replacement.

Texas Athletics Dirrector DeLoss Dodd said Saturday the Longhorns were still “looking at all options” before deciding whether to stay in the crumbling Big 12 or move to another league.
Dodds has said he wants to keep the Big 12 together. The Longhorns are considered the key to the league’s survival, particularly after it lost Nebraska (Big Ten) and Colorado (Pac-10) in a matter of two days this week.

The Texas regents have scheduled a meeting Tuesday for “discussion and appropriate action regarding athletic conference membership.”

An official at a Big 12 school with knowledge of the talks confirmed that Pac-10 Commissioner Larry Scott was traveling to Texas and Oklahoma this weekend to present a case for Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to join the Pac-10.

Texas would need the regents’ approval to change leagues. Texas Tech has also scheduled a Tuesday regents meetings.

Texas A&M has not scheduled a regents meeting. Texas A&M President Bowen Loftin would not comment this week on speculation that A&M is considering moves to the SEC or the Pac-10, or say if the school was leaning toward one league over another.

Loftin said he would like A&M and Texas to continue their annual football rivalry, even if the teams end up in different leagues.
“We were very happy to stay in the Big 12, the way it was. It’s changing now,” Loftin said. “The Big 12 is not what it was, and we have to think about its future, and ours.”

The possible breakup of the Big 12, and the prospect of Baylor and Texas A&M not joining Texas in a new league, is causing some alarm in Austin, the Texas capital.

The House Higher Education Committee has scheduled a Wednesday meeting “to discuss matters pertaining to higher education, including collegiate athletics.”

Gov. Rick Perry, a Texas A&M graduate and former Aggie yell leader, has appointed every regent to the schools’ respective boards. But he said this week he is staying out of the conference decisions and would not try to influence what the schools do.

Now we hear this from Kevin Scarbinsky of Bham News:

If the increasing number of media reports are true, at least four more Big 12 schools ? Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State ? will join Colorado in moving to the Pac-10.

Texas A&M, in the delightfully stubborn tradition of one of our favorite regents, Gene Stallings, the former Alabama football coach, may be just ornery and independent enough to go its own way.

Barring political intervention in the Lone Star State, two well-connected SEC insiders told The Birmingham News today, Texas A&M is going to leave the Big 12 and join the SEC.
The announcement could be made in a matter of days.

A&M officials have been undecided on whether to join the Pac-10 or the Southeastern Conference, but that has started to change in the past 48 hours.

One highly placed Big 12 school official said there was no doubt that league members Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would join the Pac-10.

“The decision has been made,” the official told the American-Statesman Saturday. “We’re bringing everybody to the Pac-10 but A&M.”

The official said that formal offers could be made this weekend and that the Aggies could still decide to go along. If the Aggies don’t go, he said, the Pac-10 would consider including Kansas or Utah as a replacement.

Texas Athletics Dirrector DeLoss Dodd said Saturday the Longhorns were still “looking at all options” before deciding whether to stay in the crumbling Big 12 or move to another league.
Dodds has said he wants to keep the Big 12 together. The Longhorns are considered the key to the league’s survival, particularly after it lost Nebraska (Big Ten) and Colorado (Pac-10) in a matter of two days this week.

The Texas regents have scheduled a meeting Tuesday for “discussion and appropriate action regarding athletic conference membership.”

An official at a Big 12 school with knowledge of the talks confirmed that Pac-10 Commissioner Larry Scott was traveling to Texas and Oklahoma this weekend to present a case for Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to join the Pac-10.

Texas would need the regents’ approval to change leagues. Texas Tech has also scheduled a Tuesday regents meetings.

Texas A&M has not scheduled a regents meeting. Texas A&M President Bowen Loftin would not comment this week on speculation that A&M is considering moves to the SEC or the Pac-10, or say if the school was leaning toward one league over another.

Loftin said he would like A&M and Texas to continue their annual football rivalry, even if the teams end up in different leagues.
“We were very happy to stay in the Big 12, the way it was. It’s changing now,” Loftin said. “The Big 12 is not what it was, and we have to think about its future, and ours.”

The possible breakup of the Big 12, and the prospect of Baylor and Texas A&M not joining Texas in a new league, is causing some alarm in Austin, the Texas capital.

The House Higher Education Committee has scheduled a Wednesday meeting “to discuss matters pertaining to higher education, including collegiate athletics.”

Gov. Rick Perry, a Texas A&M graduate and former Aggie yell leader, has appointed every regent to the schools’ respective boards. But he said this week he is staying out of the conference decisions and would not try to influence what the schools do.

Latest from a well-connected individual:

aTm is over 80% SEC. They want in and are working with the Slive to bring Oklahoma with them. Oklahoma prefers the SEC to the Pac10, but for some reason Slive does NOT want Oklahoma State, which makes it even tougher on Oklahoma. I have no idea how it ends, but right now the chances of Oklahoma coming without their cross-state rival are very slim.

This is all about the West. Once that is done the SEC looks to the ACC. I can't get confirmation on what the magic number is (14 or 16), but all signs point to 16 (two in each division).

Finally, the 'men' in Austin are scared to death of the SEC. They belong in the Pac10 with the Cal's and UCLA's of the world. If they wanted in, the SEC West looks like this next week: Texas, aTm, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would be joining LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Miss St.
Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina, Vanderbilt = brutal.

:pop:

Kentucky, USCe, and Vandy brutal? They can give you a challenge, but year in and year out they are 7-8 win teams in good years.

I think he was focusing on the top 5 teams in the division and that you would likely be playing 6-7 top 25 and 2-4 top 10 teams a year if you were in the SEC East, assuming a 12-game schedule.

Still waiting for a halfway descent comment. Your boys havent won $hit since H. Walker 1981-1982 long time huh hehehehe and TN well they are tennessee another new coach and a few more yrs away from descent. As for playing a ruff sec schedule week in and week out. Well lets see Florida has no trouble kicking ur little a$$es most years and OU is in the same class as Florida weather you like to admit it or not. So boy why dont u GFO and learn a lil something about football before u run ur stupid mouth.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Georgia

Buddy, you're not just going to be able to roll through an SEC schedule like you have had the luxury of doing the Big XII every year.

Maybe not every year but OU would and could do what Florida and Bama has done the last 2 years. What I cant understand is you all say that stupid stuff about how other teams couldnt do that in the sec but Florida and Bama did it. So plz dont waste ur breath about that buddy crap when u just do9nt know.

Still waiting for a halfway descent comment. Your boys havent won $hit since H. Walker 1981-1982 long time huh hehehehe and TN well they are tennessee another new coach and a few more yrs away from descent. As for playing a ruff sec schedule week in and week out. Well lets see Florida has no trouble kicking ur little a$$es most years and OU is in the same class as Florida weather you like to admit it or not. So boy why dont u GFO and learn a lil something about football before u run ur stupid mouth.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Georgia

POLICE-SIREN-ANIMATED.gif

weath·er   /ˈwɛðər/ Show Spelled[weth-er] Show IPA
–noun
1. the state of the atmosphere with respect to wind, temperature, cloudiness, moisture, pressure, etc.
2. a strong wind or storm or strong winds and storms collectively: We've had some real weather this spring.
3. a weathercast: The radio announcer will read the weather right after the commercial.
4. Usually, weathers. changes or vicissitudes in one's lot or fortunes: She remained a good friend in all weathers.
–verb (used with object)
5. to expose to the weather; dry, season, or otherwise affect by exposure to the air or atmosphere: to weather lumber before marketing it.
6. to discolor, disintegrate, or affect injuriously, as by the effects of weather: These crumbling stones have been weathered by the centuries.
7. to bear up against and come safely through (a storm, danger, trouble, etc.): to weather a severe illness.
8. Nautical . (of a ship, mariner, etc.) to pass or sail to the windward of: to weather a cape.
9. Architecture . to cause to slope, so as to shed water.
–verb (used without object)
10. to undergo change, esp. discoloration or disintegration, as the result of exposure to atmospheric conditions.
11. to endure or resist exposure to the weather: a coat that weathers well.
12. to go or come safely through a storm, danger, trouble, etc. (usually fol. by through ): It was a difficult time for her, but she weathered through beautifully.
—Idiom
13. under the weather, Informal .
a. somewhat indisposed; ailing; ill.
b. suffering from a hangover.
c. more or less drunk: Many fatal accidents are caused by drivers who are under the weather.

—Can be confused:   weather, whether, whither, wither (see synonym note at wither).

wheth·er   /ˈʰwɛðər, ˈwɛð-/ Show Spelled[hweth-er, weth-] Show IPA
–conjunction
1. (used to introduce the first of two or more alternatives, and sometimes repeated before the second or later alternative, usually with the correlative or ): It matters little whether we go or stay. Whether we go or whether we stay, the result is the same.
2. (used to introduce a single alternative, the other being implied or understood, or some clause or element not involving alternatives): See whether or not she has come. I doubt whether we can do any better.
3. Archaic . (used to introduce a question presenting alternatives, usually with the correlative or ).
–pronoun Archaic .
4. which or whichever (of two)?
—Idiom
5. whether or no, under whatever circumstances; regardless: He threatens to go whether or no.

:whistle:

thanks

Grammar Police

oh yeah, and we have a Quote+ so you can respond to multiple people at once instead of making a new post for each one :salut:

Back