Cam Newton/awbs may be in trouble......

And this is completely irrelevant, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of it if you haven't seen it before. Saw it for the first time in a long time tonight.

SLIDERS.JPG

And this is completely irrelevant, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of it if you haven't seen it before. Saw it for the first time in a long time tonight.

SLIDERS.JPG

And actually, at least half of those guys had or still currently have legit inside sources. Bama K, Jess N, CCBama, and of course TI since he runs the show. They even get made fun of on TI to this day, and rightfully so :roflmao:

And no, that pic is not a fark.

From what I hear from people on TI that I trust know their stuff, between 2 and 6 pm tomorrow will be quite interesting :pop:

And by quite interesting, I mean another bomb will drop.

Just passing it along, but considering the sources, tomorrow will bring some more big news.

SLIDERS.JPG

I would love to photoshiop Stefan in there. He needs to make this his sig.

From what I hear from people on TI that I trust know their stuff, between 2 and 6 pm tomorrow will be quite interesting :pop:

And by quite interesting, I mean another bomb will drop.

Just passing it along, but considering the sources, tomorrow will bring some more big news.

A few things to note.

First, why do you think it is that the connected TI people know more than the connected AU people with respect to this case, especially since it has nothing to do with Bama?

Second, Auburn folks know more of the same is forthcoming today. It will not change anything about the situation for Auburn.

Third, the Newtons met w the NCAA yesterday, and it has been rumored that the NCAA says Newton is good to go. Interesting that Auburn has been silent regarding the accusations to date. Today may be the day that Auburn tells it's side of the story (or a portion of it).

Should be another busy day.

A few things to note.

First, why do you think it is that the connected TI people know more than the connected AU people with respect to this case, especially since it has nothing to do with Bama?

Second, Auburn folks know more of the same is forthcoming today. It will not change anything about the situation for Auburn.

Third, the Newtons met w the NCAA yesterday, and it has been rumored that the NCAA says Newton is good to go. Interesting that Auburn has been silent regarding the accusations to date. Today may be the day that Auburn tells it's side of the story (or a portion of it).

Should be another busy day.

One is a major media member in Alabama, he knows his stuff. The other has called every step of the way, no clue what his connection is but Chris Low of ESPN is my guess.

The NCAA doesn't have the authority to bench a player in a case like this. The teams themselves do it. They could've said "you can play him, buuuuuuuut......"

And Auburn can not publicly speak about any current/pending NCAA case publicly. Since this falls into that category, Auburn will be quiet.

We shall see, just passing along what I heard.

One is a major media member in Alabama, he knows his stuff. The other has called every step of the way, no clue what his connection is but Chris Low of ESPN is my guess.

The NCAA doesn't have the authority to bench a player in a case like this. The teams themselves do it. They could've said "you can play him, buuuuuuuut......"

And Auburn can not publicly speak about any current/pending NCAA case publicly. Since this falls into that category, Auburn will be quiet.

We shall see, just passing along what I heard.

If the NCAA suggests that Auburn sit Newton, there is no way in hell that he plays.

More junk. From the same guy I've been posting earlier stuff.

Just got a few interesting texts from my main direction of info on this Cam/MSU thing. Pretty much the NCAA has gotten enough info in the last 4 days on this to seal the deal on pay for play. 5 people on the MSU side all have the exact same story. The details might be different but its all the same story. Took the FBI just being mentioned to make them all spill it.

If not for John Bond...MSU would have probably made the deal and CN would have gone to MSU. Said no doubt this offer was given to more than MSU and now the NCAA will turn its attention to where Cam landed. The SEC denied getting all the info but he says it was given to them and passed along to Auburn as well.

He said it would be hard for Auburn to play Cam with this info it basically means from the time the offer was made Cam is ineligible. The NCAA has relayed info to Auburn and the ball is in their court. The NCAA adjusted its rules definition at the end of 2009...even the intent to do pay for play deems you ineligible.

The problem with all of this "new" stuff from the MSU people is that none of it is actually new to the NCAA. Like all of the other "bombs" that have dropped publicly, they have been known privately by Auburn/SEC/NCAA for a while. Thus, it's not going to affect Newton's eligibility. All we have witnessed this week is the MSU people getting their stories straight so that they can deflect blame to Newton in the middle of an NCAA investigation of MSU/Rogers.

Here are the various theories of what happened. One of them is accurate.

1. Cecil offered to sell Cam to MSU (i.e., MSU's story). If MSU wasn't interested, why did they continue to recruit him?
2. Cecil offered to sell Cam to MSU. Before anything materialized, Cecil had change of heart and decided that because of the offer, no way Cam could end up at MSU, so he decided AU was the place to go.
3. Rogers misrepresented to MSU coaches that he represented Cam in an effort to extort money from MSU. Newtons knew nothing of it.
4. MSU, working through Rogers, offered to buy Cam. AU found out about it and turned MSU in to NCAA.

It's probably 2 or 3. As much as the REC would like to believe it, Auburn did not buy Newton.

Here are the various theories of what happened. One of them is accurate.

1. Cecil offered to sell Cam to MSU (i.e., MSU's story). If MSU wasn't interested, why did they continue to recruit him?
2. Cecil offered to sell Cam to MSU. Before anything materialized, Cecil had change of heart and decided that because of the offer, no way Cam could end up at MSU, so he decided AU was the place to go.
3. Rogers misrepresented to MSU coaches that he represented Cam in an effort to extort money from MSU. Newtons knew nothing of it.
4. MSU, working through Rogers, offered to buy Cam. AU found out about it and turned MSU in to NCAA.

It's probably 2 or 3. As much as the REC would like to believe it, Auburn did not buy Newton.

1) Cam is ineligible if it happened
2) Cam is ineligible if it happened
3) Maybe a Newton could say something. Really. Cecil and his lawyer need to say something if that is the case.
4) :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

1) Cam is ineligible if it happened
2) Cam is ineligible if it happened
3) Maybe a Newton could say something. Really. Cecil and his lawyer need to say something if that is the case.
4) :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Cam is not necessarily ineligible if 1 or 2 happened. It is a judgment call for the NCAA. I agree with your assessment of 4.

Jay G. Tate
Administrator
Fire Captain

Turner Gill, traitor

Re: **NEW** Cam Controversy Clearinghouse (11/12/10)
« Reply #206 on: Today at 12:38:18 PM »
I talked with an Auburn spokesperson earlier today.

I asked him for the school's stance on Newton's eligibility.

Answer: "No comment."

I asked him to confirm that a no comment is a change in the school's position.

Answer: "No comment."

:scratch:

What happened to "Cameron Newton is eligible at Auburn University, period. End of story"....?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back