Cam Newton/awbs may be in trouble......

wow, great thread! I'm not the biggest college football guy but, do you guys think that Newton is getting a tad more shafted because of the Reggie Bush incident?

wow, great thread! I'm not the biggest college football guy but, do you guys think that Newton is getting a tad more shafted because of the Reggie Bush incident?

I think it's getting more interest due to the timing (Heisman, National Championship) and the fact that the Bush incident was a pretty big black eye for college football. Vacating more stuff will look really, really bad.

Ha!

Here's the latest rumor on the Auburn side of things:

Bank records for Cecil, wife, oldest son and uncle have been looked at by NCAA and are clean.

Bonds, Bell and Rogers are not credible in the eyes of the FBI, and FBI has no interest in the matter.

Jody Wright is now a target of the NCAA because he won't cooperate with them. Won't turn over phone/bank records.

AU reported all information about Newtons to SEC in December before they signed Cam.

AU/Cam not in trouble. NCAA won't tell AU to suspend Cam. Cleared him before AU signed him.

SEC/NCAA pissed at MSU because Mullen and MSU gave them a false account of the facts in Jan. Didn't know that AU had already reported it.

Take it all with a grain of salt.

"Cam Newton took no money from no one." - Jackie Chiles (or whoever his lawyer is)

Which, once you work your way through the double negatives, his own lawyer said "Cam Newton took money from someone." ;)

5189701229_cc76a91e23.jpg

Back