Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers, Reggie Bush, or OJ Simpson

but if I were a GM I want the power guy in his prime

Riggo
Brown
Campbell
Payton (mix of both)
Emmitt
TD

I love a back that can run over a linebacker, and does not have 3 -5 yard runs and then 1 70 yarder after your are already down by 2 tds.

i dont think thats all barry did
if one man could win a title then dan marino would have hands full of rings
its not barry fault that they never won, they had so many different coaches/schemes and offensive line configurations in his career that i dont think he ever got a real chance at a title run

i wont disagree with walter payton but theres no way,imo, that emmit was a great back, at least not on the jim brown, payton, barry level,

Lol, I guess I've benefitted as a fan from more bad calls and instances than I figured, between the 49ers-Giants hose job in 02, Barry Bonds being allowed to breath, all those Saints losses to the 49ers in the past ( :lollol: ).

people thinking Barry Sanders is greater than he is.... Earl Campbell was a one man show in Houston and the only reason they did not get to the Super Bowl in his years was they had to play the Steelers.... what is your excuse for not winning a playoff game Barry????

give me a back like Terrell Davis, Walter Payton, Earl Campbell or Emmitt Smith before you give me a Barry Sanders.

1. They did win a playoff game with him. :cheers: Jan. 5, 1992 Lions host first playoff game in the Silverdome and first home playoff game since 1957. Detroit defeats Dallas, 38-6, for the team’s first playoff win since 1957.

2. Name one lineman that blocked for Barry Sanders.

3. Take more than a running back to win games. Andre Ware, Rodney Peete, Erik Kramer, Scott Mitchell, Chuck Long, Charlie Batch. The only player he played with that was worth a damn was Herman Moore.

4. Emmitt Smith wouldn't be in the top 50 if it wasn't for the team he played on. Jerry Jones could have gained 10,000 yards beyond those monster lineman he had.

as far as runners go Barry was great.

I would want a more complete back.

I think he was one of if not the most exciting players of all-time, but everyone bashes Emmitt Smith and tries to compare him with Barry Sanders.

name 1 O-Lineman Earl Campbell had?

and Lomas Brown was pretty damn good.

1 thing Barry was that Emmitt was not, that is a quitter.

NBA fixing the 1984 NBA draft so Knicks could get Ewing. (OK just kidding...but am I???)

Eagles converting the 4th and 26 against the Pack in 2004? playoffs (not an injustice, just still irks me)

Shawn Kemp being allowed to mate.

Giants/Niners - 2002 maybe? What a mess!!! The Giants should've never let themselves get into that situation. They were up by 20+ points during that game. Shockey was a rookie that year and dropped an easy TD pass that would've won the game. They brought Trey Junkin out of retirement to be their long snapper due to injuries and some poor snaps. So, he gets nervous and makes a poor snap and the holder makes a great play to at least get the ball off. The lineman downfield was tackled way before the ball and I stood up and yelled, "THAT'S INTERFERENCE!!!!" Then I saw the flag and got so excited that they had another chance from inside the 5 yard line to win the game. The ref turns on his mic and says, "Illegal man downfield, Offense." I almost crapped my pants. I was so pissed. Fassell was so pissed. They show the reply and that guy clearly is the last guy on the line. The Giants had a really good chance that year to come out of the NFC and it was ruined by a bad call.

The NFL sent a letter to the Giants apologizing for the bad call. Great. That apology really helped.

I am not going to tell you what I yelled out when they grabbed at the lineman. I can still see that play in my head.

NBA fixing the 1984 NBA draft so Knicks could get Ewing. (OK just kidding...but am I???)

Eagles converting the 4th and 26 against the Pack in 2004? playoffs (not an injustice, just still irks me)

4and26_low.gif

:lollol::lollol:

I remember a playoff game had to have been about 97. Lions vs. Green Bay, late in the fourth quarter Favre dropped back and found a WIDE OPEN Sterling Sharpe. Big Play Willie Clay left him so open its sick. I hate Willie Clay MORE THAN I could ever explain. How does any wideout get 20 yards open? Let alone Sterling *)#$# Sharpe. Because Willie Clay sucks big floppy!

Jim McMahon, Matt Suhey, and William Perry scoring rushing touchdowns in Super Bowl XX but not Walter Payton :doh:

I remember a playoff game had to have been about 97. Lions vs. Green Bay, late in the fourth quarter Favre dropped back and found a WIDE OPEN Sterling Sharpe. Big Play Willie Clay left him so open its sick. I hate Willie Clay MORE THAN I could ever explain. How does any wideout get 20 yards open? Let alone Sterling *)#$# Sharpe. Because Willie Clay sucks big floppy!

Jan. 8, 1994:
'93 wild-card game
It was a moment, writes Bob McGinn, "that will live forever whenever Green Bay fans gather to recall great moments in franchise annals." A week after throwing four interceptions in a regular-season loss at Detroit, Brett Favre is the hero with a scrambling, 40-yard, across-the-body, across-the-field, touchdown strike to Sterling Sharpe to beat the Lions in a '93 wild-card playoff game.

Jan. 8, 1994:
'93 wild-card game
It was a moment, writes Bob McGinn, "that will live forever whenever Green Bay fans gather to recall great moments in franchise annals." A week after throwing four interceptions in a regular-season loss at Detroit, Brett Favre is the hero with a scrambling, 40-yard, across-the-body, across-the-field, touchdown strike to Sterling Sharpe to beat the Lions in a '93 wild-card playoff game.

Probably one of Favre's top five plays of all time. It was a typical "what in blazin bejesus is he doi...NICE THROW!"

as far as runners go Barry was great.

I would want a more complete back.

I think he was one of if not the most exciting players of all-time, but everyone bashes Emmitt Smith and tries to compare him with Barry Sanders.

name 1 O-Lineman Earl Campbell had?

and Lomas Brown was pretty damn good.

1 thing Barry was that Emmitt was not, that is a quitter.
like you said i guess its all a matter of opinion but barry isnt a quitter
he never left his team when they needed him, and he never left his team in a bad spot
that team sucked because they refused to help him, he didnt want to play for another team and he didnt want to run himself into the ground for a team that wouldnt try to get its city a title
we all know who would be the all-time rushing king if he wanted it, it wasnt paytons record he wanted, he wanted to leave the game with a little class and with some dignity left unlike emmit who went to arizona to tack yards on his record for no reason, he wasnt looking for a title in arizona and thats another big reason i never liked him

Back