Greatest sports injustices of all time?

thepistonsfan

Bench Warmer
Detroit never building properly around Barry Sanders.

Dan Marino never having a good running back.

Barry Bonds being allowed to live.

What say you?

Phantom touchdown of the Jets against seattle in the late 90s.... frigging 'verde and his helmet.

I remember that game!!!! Unreal call.

I think it was the Giants who were kicking a game winning FG in the playoffs. The snap was muffed and the holder rolled out to pass. The receiver (who was a lineman at the end of the line of scrimmage) was shoved down while the ball was in the air. It should have been PI but they said illegal man downfield and the game ended.

The NFL said after the game that it was a wrong call.

I think it was the Giants who were kicking a game winning FG in the playoffs. The snap was muffed and the holder rolled out to pass. The receiver (who was a lineman at the end of the line of scrimmage) was shoved down while the ball was in the air. It should have been PI but they said illegal man downfield and the game ended.

Giants/Niners - 2002 maybe? What a mess!!! The Giants should've never let themselves get into that situation. They were up by 20+ points during that game. Shockey was a rookie that year and dropped an easy TD pass that would've won the game. They brought Trey Junkin out of retirement to be their long snapper due to injuries and some poor snaps. So, he gets nervous and makes a poor snap and the holder makes a great play to at least get the ball off. The lineman downfield was tackled way before the ball and I stood up and yelled, "THAT'S INTERFERENCE!!!!" Then I saw the flag and got so excited that they had another chance from inside the 5 yard line to win the game. The ref turns on his mic and says, "Illegal man downfield, Offense." I almost crapped my pants. I was so pissed. Fassell was so pissed. They show the reply and that guy clearly is the last guy on the line. The Giants had a really good chance that year to come out of the NFC and it was ruined by a bad call.

The NFL sent a letter to the Giants apologizing for the bad call. Great. That apology really helped.

oklahoma/oregon from last year
maybe not the worst ever but not even brett could claim they didnt blow those calls and they absolutely cost us the game

BTW, thanks for reminding me of this. I had wiped it from my brain until today. Now I'm reliving it all over again. :(

Emmitt Smith (solely by virtue of being on the right team at the right time) being mentioned in the same breath as Barry, Walter, and Jim Brown)

Joe Delaney dying way too soon

Bud Fowler, Moses Fleetwood Walker, Welday Walker being black and Major Leaguers before Jackie Robinson but being forgotten.

Split National Titles in Colleges...

many teams have been hosed throughout the years

LSU
USC
Auburn
Penn State
Alabama

garbage and politics, hate it.

people thinking Barry Sanders is greater than he is.... Earl Campbell was a one man show in Houston and the only reason they did not get to the Super Bowl in his years was they had to play the Steelers.... what is your excuse for not winning a playoff game Barry????

give me a back like Terrell Davis, Walter Payton, Earl Campbell or Emmitt Smith before you give me a Barry Sanders.

people thinking Barry Sanders is greater than he is.... Earl Campbell was a one man show in Houston and the only reason they did not get to the Super Bowl in his years was they had to play the Steelers.... what is your excuse for not winning a playoff game Barry????

give me a back like Terrell Davis, Walter Payton, Earl Campbell or Emmitt Smith before you give me a Barry Sanders.

your on crack, probably payton and maybe jim brown but emmit smith is not on the list with these guys,let alone barry, and as much as i like campbell neither is he

your on crack, probably payton and maybe jim brown but emmit smith is not on the list with these guys,let alone barry, and as much as i like campbell neither is he

okay for pretty runs these guys are the best

Barry, OJ, Gale Sayers

but if you want to win games you have power runners

Emmitt
Walter
Jim Brown
Earl Campbell

Back