Cam Newton/awbs may be in trouble......

More stuff...

Had lunch with a client today...

He is a big Alabama contributor and his nephew is CCROLLTIDE on bama online for anyone who ever goes over there...He gets a call from his nephew(who is friends with Kenny Rogers, the former player, not the singer)and tells my client that Kenny says he is going to ESPN in the next few hours to spill everything...As he posted on Bama Online, the situation is very fluid and could change but KR is tired of having his name thrown under the bus and he is ready to call EVERYONE out...This could get even more interesting...Was also told that there are TAPES of the conversations that will be released at the right time...He also said that an Auburn board member was interviewed by the NCAA and his words were "we're screwed!"...Pat Dye is involved and being defiant as the SEC and NCAA want Newton to sit out the next few games and Dye is not agreeing to it...I LOVE IT!!! I will be at the game this weekend and can't wait for the Dawgs to benefit from all of these distractions!!!

So, he is ineligible because his dad asked for money? I'm not sure of the rules, so I'm just wondering.

I would find it hard to believe he would be ineligible because his dad asked for money. They need proof he actually got money, right?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/kenny_rogers_says_he_witnessed.html

'NCAA spokesperson Stacey Osburn told The Birmingham News by email that "the solicitation of cash or benefits by a prospective student-athlete or another individual on his or her behalf is not allowed under NCAA rules."'

BTW, I hope that there is a tape of "it ain't gonna be free this time" or "the money was too much" out there. Then........... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

A tweet from Andy Staples of SI: "According to the NCAA, a violation is committed the moment an athlete (or the athlete's family) solicits for extra benefits."

I think there is something to this story.....

I don't know what happened, but Auburn people still seem convinced that Newton is eligible and that this is all old news (to Auburn, the NCAA and SEC). Also, Bond and Rogers have both changed their stories in the past week, so now we don't know which ones to believe. If the Newtons and/or Auburn violated rules, they need to go down, but there is still a LOT of stuff that does not add up (e.g., Chiz and Jay Jacobs putting their careers on the line by steadfastly defending a player that they presumably would have known was ineligible). Will let yall know if I hear anything interesting from the Auburn side of things.

And if Newton plays Saturday, we'll definitely know that Auburn thinks it's in the clear.

I don't know what happened, but Auburn people still seem convinced that Newton is eligible and that this is all old news (to Auburn, the NCAA and SEC). Also, Bond and Rogers have both changed their stories in the past week, so now we don't know which ones to believe. If the Newtons and/or Auburn violated rules, they need to go down, but there is still a LOT of stuff that does not add up (e.g., Chiz and Jay Jacobs putting their careers on the line by steadfastly defending a player that they presumably would have known was ineligible). Will let yall know if I hear anything interesting from the Auburn side of things.

And if Newton plays Saturday, we'll definitely know that Auburn thinks it's in the clear.

On the other hand, Rogers just admitted to something that just ended his career or risked 6-10 years in a federal pen IF he gave that same story to the FBI. Whatever he told the FBI is probably what the NCAA will believe. One thing to lie to the media, another to lie to those folks.

Now will the MSU coaches validate the story? What will John Bond say to the FBI on Tuesday? Lotta stuff going to happen in the next week that will either connect some dots or start putting the fire out.

On the other hand, Rogers just admitted to something that just ended his career or risked 6-10 years in a federal pen IF he gave that same story to the FBI. Whatever he told the FBI is probably what the NCAA will believe. One thing to lie to the media, another to lie to those folks.

Now will the MSU coaches validate the story? What will John Bond say to the FBI on Tuesday? Lotta stuff going to happen in the next week that will either connect some dots or start putting the fire out.

Rogers lawyer said he has not yet been contacted by the FBI.

Don Jackson, local attorney with extensive experience with NCAA cases, says NCAA rarely penalizes for solicitation of extra benefits (probably because it's almost impossible to prove).

Don Jackson, local attorney with extensive experience with NCAA cases, says NCAA rarely penalizes for solicitation of extra benefits (probably because it's almost impossible to prove).
That's what I was thinking. Something like that would be hearsay, unless they have tapes or videos.

More stuff. Again, I don't know what's true. I'm just bring more worthless stuff to the conversation.

OK...I have a little birdie on the Plains...

Here is what I think/know happened. Some of this is from what's been aired in the media, some of this is from Auburn people I know with direct knowledge of the situation and contact with Trooper Taylor and some of this is based off assumptions I have made connecting the dots:

TIMELINE:

1. Cam Newton becomes a hot commodity on the recruiting trail (again) while playing JUCO ball...

2. Most major programs begin their pursuit. Several relationships from his prior recruitment remain intact. Mullen, Stoops, et al begin their pursuit.

3. Cecil Newton's sketchball church begins to fall into foreclosure.

4. Cecil Newton (with or without) Cam's knowledge takes over control of his recruitment and lets it be known that MONEY WILL BE A DETERMINING FACTOR.

5. Through 3rd parties, numbers are thrown out there. Tenn offers $150K, MSU offers $180K.

6. Cam Newton silently commits to MSU.

7. In a last attempt to get his commitment, Trooper Taylor gathers a bunch of former AU players..some of who are in the NFL, some are just successful businessmen. A meeting is held at a NFL/former AU players house in Atlanta for a "fundraiser".

8. Cecil Newton gets $200K+..."Too much money to pass up"

9. Cecil Newton's church in Newnan magically pays the bills.

10. Sh*t hits the fan.

...and here we are. This isn't good for anybody, boys.....

There is a reason the NCAA has been on a warpath since July. It will only get worse. College football is about to see some changes...

Jackson also said this:

On if he would advise Auburn to sit Newton: “No, because it’s obvious that this stuff was known by the NCAA and the SEC, and at some point, those two made a determination about Kenny Rogers’ credibility. Because they cleared Cam Newton to play. Believe me, kids have been sat down by the NCAA for a whole lot less than what was alleged here. So, I don’t have a doubt that at some point they came to a decision regarding Rogers and they informed Auburn of that decision.”

Auburn says Newton is playing on Saturday. Rest easy Bulldogs. If you think about it, why would anything change from Auburn's perspective today? What new has been alleged?

Back