Cam Newton/awbs may be in trouble......

From one of the guys that runs the UGA Rivals site.

I have heard from a number of folks that about 3 weeks before signing
day, Newton was approached by associates at UT and offered $150 grand to play for the Vols.

Is it true? Who knows? But running down those rumors could add a lot of time to the investigation.

Again, I'm just passing along information.

Not saying I believe it or anything, I'm just bring more links to the discussion.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=125319

Not buying it. If the guy is receiving death threats from Auburn fans, how come nobody has heard anything about this? His name would be out in the public.

Not buying anything from an accuser until someone actually goes on the record. Only people we have on the record are Bond and Rogers, and neither are credible. Auburn is at least publicly and emphatically denying that there is an eligibility issue, and I will give them the benefit of the doubt until someone mans up and makes an actual accusation or provides evidence of wrongdoing besides unpaid parking tickets.

"ESPN Dallas' Ian Fitzimmons is reporting that within 3-4 hours the NCAA is going to suspend Cam Newton."

Oh, and game off all boards in Vegas.

Will dookies be about to hit the fan?

Again, in spite of all of the speculation, what I hear from Auburn people who would know, there is nothing to this story that will result in a finding of ineligibility for Cam.

itsawonderfulheist.gif

makemoneywithauburn.gif

Ok, so now we have someone (Kenny Rogers) who allegedly talked to the FBI last night going on record today saying that Cam/Cecil asked him to get $180K for Newton at Mississippi State (but not awb, he does not know)...... and several Mississippi State coaches back up his story.

IF TRUE........ this means that the record is now 0-10 due to playing the last 10 games with an ineligible player, and that is the best case scenario for awb.

So, he is ineligible because his dad asked for money? I'm not sure of the rules, so I'm just wondering.

I would find it hard to believe he would be ineligible because his dad asked for money. They need proof he actually got money, right?

Back