Cam Newton/awbs may be in trouble......

I like how ESPN is all over that, but couldn't give two shits about South Carolina players living at a reduced rate at a 3 star hotel for months.

Found this on a message board :pop: Probably a fark, but amusing (to me............)

Herbstreet's comments on ESPN radio... Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not surprised considering the source..

"It's to early to say but talking to sources it's going to get really bad for Auburn in the end....Cam will go on to the NFL after the season and could careless what happens...Auburn will be the school that will get hammered for this and if some of the things being said comes out to be true and Auburn knew and paid for Newton and it sure seems to be smoke there...you will be talking about killing off a program for the next 10yrs the way the NCAA will hammer them"

Last edited by a moderator:
More on the situation from Auburn beat writer:

I've spoken to two very trusted sources on the situation, and both said the following are facts:

* Florida coach Urban Myer, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen and former Mississippi State quarterback John Bond had a telephone conversation recently to discuss the allegations.

* Meyer had an interest in this story getting out and encouraged Bond to do so.

* Mullen told the two he thought they should move on, let it go, regardless of what was being alleged. Meyer said no, that it needed to get out to the media.

* Kenny Rogers, who is alleged to have sought money, is a desperate individual that was trying to get Cam Newton to go to Mississippi State. Rogers has a checkered past that includes an ongoing investigation by the NFL.

More on the situation from Auburn beat writer:

I've spoken to two very trusted sources on the situation, and both said the following are facts:

* Florida coach Urban Myer, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen and former Mississippi State quarterback John Bond had a telephone conversation recently to discuss the allegations.

* Meyer had an interest in this story getting out and encouraged Bond to do so.

* Mullen told the two he thought they should move on, let it go, regardless of what was being alleged. Meyer said no, that it needed to get out to the media.

* Kenny Rogers, who is alleged to have sought money, is a desperate individual that was trying to get Cam Newton to go to Mississippi State. Rogers has a checkered past that includes an ongoing investigation by the NFL.
Sounds like something Meyer would do. Hate him.

I think this is coming through too many channels for the NCAA to find anything. And they have already checked the church's bank statements, right?

Oh, and Meyer/Mullen must REALLY believe there is something to this, otherwise they are committing professional suicide if they are coming forth about this.

Back