Why do I get an alert on some else thread?

David K.

Pro
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
If the thread is my.....I would understand...but when I post like Mike's Football contest.....if someone post after me.....I get an alert? Why? Their post has nothing to do with me. Its very annoying!
Happy Thanksgiving, David

Hi David, the default is that you automatically "watch" a thread after you post in it. If you "unwatch" it (on right side, near top when you are in the thread on a computer or at top in middle on phone), you won't get notifications from that thread.

I think you can also change this in your account settings so it never happens again for all threads. You can do this in the "Preferences" Tab in "Account Details" when you click off the box for "Automatically watch content you interact with…"

Last edited:
Thanks for the help....but I'm new here so how would I know??? Thats why I posted this thread.
That’s why we have this forum so people can ask the questions. If you need more help with your settings, just let us know. Most of the features are nearly identical to settings on The Bench, so you probably actually know how to do more than you may realize here.

Back