Who will ND's next coach be?

I more just wanted to kick start the convo again since it was getting dead aorund here :)

As for Gruden he has said in the past that ND was his "dream job" so I could see him going there. Now I personaly do not think he would be a good college coach but then again I do not think he is a good NFL coach. I think he is an over rated bum who has no idea how to manage a team or put together his own roster of players.
fptbbgrudenjohn.jpg

Geeze, the guy won with Tony Dungy's players :roll:

Wait....Tony Dungy didn't win the Super Bowl with basically the same players.......so nevermind.....

He won with Dungys guys and played against his own offensive system which was being lead by a coach he taught it to. What did he do after his first year there? basically nothing and when he was forced to leave the team had NOONE left worth a damn. He had no clue how to evaluate talent or motivate a team. He is about as good as Mangini

He won with Dungys guys and played against his own offensive system which was being lead by a coach he taught it to. What did he do after his first year there? basically nothing and when he was forced to leave the team had NOONE left worth a damn. He had no clue how to evaluate talent or motivate a team. He is about as good as Mangini

I don't know how much control he had, how much of the problem was the GMs, but he did win a Super Bowl. He made it through a regular season + playoffs against teams who ran his system led by a coach he taught it to.

And if he was so bad about evaluating players, why did the Raiders make the Super Bowl right after his tenure there :shifty:

Personally, I do not think he would be a good fit at a college program, regardless of what kind of success he had in the NFL.

I don't know how much control he had, how much of the problem was the GMs, but he did win a Super Bowl. He made it through a regular season + playoffs against teams who ran his system led by a coach he taught it to.

And if he was so bad about evaluating players, why did the Raiders make the Super Bowl right after his tenure there :shifty:

Personally, I do not think he would be a good fit at a college program, regardless of what kind of success he had in the NFL.

Because AL Davis has and always will run all depth chart decisions ( which was OK until he went crazy and the game passed him by). I could be wrong but I thought he had full control in Tampa which is why they got worse every season.

Back