Basketball some low scoring games

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
thus far in the NCAA tourney...

46 combined points at half...that's terrible, someone had 16 points at half yesterday...

I thought the 'average' game was usually in the 120-140 range, there haven't been a ton like that yet

and ive said it every year for the past at least 3 years, it is much easier to win the game with free throws than it is to keep chucking up 3's...Duke got bounced because they kept throwing up 3's and last night someone lost that was 0-10 for 3's and 1-15 outside the paint...that is just terrible...when I played back in junior high and freshman year, we practiced free throws, elbow jumpers, and layups...looks like kids these days don't focus on that anymore

I would like to believe that the defenses are so good that the scores are staying low, but the fact is that the basketball is just not as good, fundamentally, as it used to be. There has been a lot of talk about extending the 1 and done rule to keep kids in school, although I still believe that it is wrong to deny an 18 year old the ability to make millions of dollars if there is an NBA owner willing to pay. I have long been in favor basketball doing the same thing as baseball does. A person has the ability to go straight to the draft from high school, but if they decide to go to a Division I school they must make a 3 year commitment. This would give the NBA the ability to develop a better minor league system and allow the phenoms to the ability to make money. In the long run, I believe, both the college games, as well as the NBA games would be a much better product to watch.

Back