Random thought about the current state of college football

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
Hawaii is the only undefeated Division 1-A team, but can not compete for a national championship. What does that say about your team if you can go undefeated and not play for it all? It says you are not a Division 1-A program.

The teams in Division 1-A should be cut in half or more. The rest of them for another division of football with the 1-A outcasts and the top 1-AA teams, giving these teams something more to compete for. Otherwise, their season is essentially a waste.

Good idea or do I need some sleep?

Well, I think these new teams join Div 1-A for financial reasons. I don't have a problem with that, as long as the best team amongst them (Hawaii) is not allowed to play for the 'Big Boy' Title.

There's 66 BCS schools and if any of them go undefeated, they should play for the BCS title. But if one of the 54 non-BCS teams go undefeated, they shouldn't. Sending Hawaii to the Sugar Bowl is good enough. After all, if they were in a BCS conference, they'd be 8-4 and playing in Albuquerque or Birmingham.

Hawaii has no one to blame except themselves. They can not demand a home and home if they want to play a BCS school. They needed to bite the bullet and go to a couple of big schools.

Their toughest game all year was against a last place PAC-10 team. They will get the beatdown they have coming as long as Georgia shows up.

Hawaii has no one to blame except themselves. They can not demand a home and home if they want to play a BCS school. They needed to bite the bullet and go to a couple of big schools.

Their toughest game all year was against a last place PAC-10 team. They will get the beatdown they have coming as long as Georgia shows up.

Well their out of conference schedule next year is

@ Florida
@Oregon State
Washington State
Cincinnati

so props to them:salut:

Well their out of conference schedule next year is

@ Florida
@Oregon State
Washington State
Cincinnati

so props to them:salut:
im still not impressed, im thinking 2 of these will be ranked and i bet they lose every one that is not a home game
Teams like hawaii, boise state, utah, who have all gone undefeated in recent years have nobody to blame
they know when they put these schedules together that they wont get a shot at a title even if they win them all
and thats fine, if they want to go undefeated they can play these schedules all they want but, i dont want to hear talk about them being snubbed. they are not as good as any of the big schools currently playing in real bowl games

and to get back to the original point i think that is a decent idea, a middle division that includes teams to big for their current digs, like app state, and teams that are the small fish in the big pond like hawaii, boise state, fresno state, utah, etc...

Back