Possible ruling on cameragate

didnt click link but $750k in total fines and loss of the 2008 first round pick if they make the playoffs...probably on some sort of probation as well

not nearly severe enough in my opinion.

500,000 is nothing to him and I'm sure Kraft will get it back to him somehow.

He should be suspended. :ban:

So if they lose a first round pick, does the 1st round become a 31 pick round? If not, who gets the pick?

It simply becomes a 31-pick round. Their pick will be forfeited.
So therefore, the Falcons #33 pick in the 2nd round will now become #32. We technically have two 1st rounders now. HOORAY!:cheers:

Hmmmmm very interesting , doesn't cheating fall under the holy Personal Conduct Code of the NFL ?

So in my mind a suspension is also in order like it has been for everyone else , but yet there wasn't one ?

As for the Pick(s) who cares ? all they have to do is trade someone and get it back.

Well for their sake they better keep winning... and dominating... or even more people will be questioning their prior dominance :salut:

People have questioned them since it began. Obviously it was nothing like this though. The fact is, the punishment has been handed down, it has been (or is being) carried out, and the three trophies still stand.

Completely baloney. A slap on the wrist. Hardly even a deterrent. The NFL needed to make sure noone else would try this.

Did you guys see Formula One fined a team $100 MILLION for having in its possession a manual about the other team's cars. That is a deterrent. The Pats still have a 1st round pick and who is to say they cant get another?

As hard as Gooddell has came down on teams (esp the Bengals), it is ludicrous that the media's (and the league's?) favorite team gets treated like the pampered rich kid it is. From now on, I consider the Patriots as the Paris Hilton of the NFL.

PIST IF YOU COULDNT TELL.

Completely baloney. A slap on the wrist. Hardly even a deterrent. The NFL needed to make sure noone else would try this.

Did you guys see Formula One fined a team $100 MILLION for having in its possession a manual about the other team's cars. That is a deterrent. The Pats still have a 1st round pick and who is to say they cant get another?

As hard as Gooddell has came down on teams (esp the Bengals), it is ludicrous that the media's (and the league's?) favorite team gets treated like the pampered rich kid it is. From now on, I consider the Patriots as the Paris Hilton of the NFL.

PIST IF YOU COULDNT TELL.

It's against league constitution and by-laws to fine anyone more than $500,000. To get another first rounder they'd have to give up a lot. And it isn't the league's favorite team. If it were, they wouldn't have had all the rule changes that they've had (like the illegal contact reinforcement, which people in league circles call "the Patriot rule.")
You have to look at punishment's in perspective. No other punishment has come close to this for something that had only been proved once. All the other testimonies are heresay because there is no proof.

It's against league constitution and by-laws to fine anyone more than $500,000. To get another first rounder they'd have to give up a lot. And it isn't the league's favorite team. If it were, they wouldn't have had all the rule changes that they've had (like the illegal contact reinforcement, which people in league circles call "the Patriot rule.")
You have to look at punishment's in perspective. No other punishment has come close to this for something that had only been proved once. All the other testimonies are heresay because there is no proof.

By all accounts, the Pats have been doing this for a long time. It does not matter that it did not help them in this or that particular game, but they have a library of reference gained illegally, unethically. And probably the worst part is that all teams were pre-warned about this exact thing at the beginning of the year, and the Pats were so smug that they not only continued to do it, but did it against a former coach of theirs who knew about it. I do not care about the money. That game should have been forfeited. They should have lost more draft picks, and sanctions laid down upon the organization.

By all accounts, the Pats have been doing this for a long time. It does not matter that it did not help them in this or that particular game, but they have a library of reference gained illegally, unethically. And probably the worst part is that all teams were pre-warned about this exact thing at the beginning of the year, and the Pats were so smug that they not only continued to do it, but did it against a former coach of theirs who knew about it. I do not care about the money. That game should have been forfeited. They should have lost more draft picks, and sanctions laid down upon the organization.
You have no proof that it happened other than the Jets game. Every team in the league hates the Pats, so why wouldn't they try to make them seem even worse by saying "Yeah they stole our signals too?"
And every team has a "library of reference" of signals because every team steals them, just the Pats stole them with video this time.

You have no proof that it happened other than the Jets game. Every team in the league hates the Pats, so why wouldn't they try to make them seem even worse by saying "Yeah they stole our signals too?"
And every team has a "library of reference" of signals because every team steals them, just the Pats stole them with video this time.

Will, seriously step back and lok at the situation here.

Every team in the NFL hates every other team in the NFL, not just the Pats.

If the Colts were found guilty of this and not your team, you'd be saying the same thing as everyone else.

I know you love them and think of the Pats as infalable, but they cheated and broke the rules, simple as that.

If the Eagles did the same thing I would be disgusted by their actions and would not be afraid to say so. You have to get over your love of the team and just admit for once that they are wrong here.

Will, seriously step back and lok at the situation here.

Every team in the NFL hates every other team in the NFL, not just the Pats.

If the Colts were found guilty of this and not your team, you'd be saying the same thing as everyone else.

I know you love them and think of the Pats as infalable, but they cheated and broke the rules, simple as that.

If the Eagles did the same thing I would be disgusted by their actions and would not be afraid to say so. You have to get over your love of the team and just admit for once that they are wrong here.

I guess my points get lost in everyone thinking I'm a huge homer. I am pissed as hell and angry at the team that they did this. I think they are better than anyone else without having to do it, so why do it at all?
But regardless of that, they are still my favorite team and I still support them, and to see and hear the absolute outpouring of blind hatred is just really annoying to me.

Back