NEWS: SCFREAKS 2009 "YEAR IN REVIEW "

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac-n-mike

Bench Warmer
9524.jpg

Happy New Year Freaks !!!

:party6: :party6: :party6: :party6: :party6: :party6:​

Sportscardfreaks would like to thank each and everyone of you card freaks out there for a JOB well done! Our site has improved greatly over the last year. We had 4,571 trades in 2009, which is an outstanding number considering we only had 6,952 going into 2009! We also welcomed 1257 new Freaks in 2009! We had numerous other events that were positives for the site!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had some amazing pulls on freaks this year! Here are 10 of the best pulls. Sorry, I couldn't make room for everyones, but we all know a lot of freaks had some great hits! Here are the hits!

e064y0.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every Month, the Moderators voted for the Member of the Month. We recently added the Trader of the Month. The Trader of the Month is decided by simply who has the most trades in that month. On the Freaks homepage you will find the counter in the top right corner. Here are the winners for the year!

Member of the Month!

JAN - bdangelo
FEB - wheeler281
MAR - 208963
APR - tlw9191
MAY - BIB22
JUN - Pee632
JUL - Pee632
AUG - bakemeister52
SEP - pcag
OCT - wallaby
NOV - My2sonscards
DEC - lildones

Trader of the Month!

JAN - MAY - NOT AWARDED
JUN - Pee632
JUL - Pee32
AUG - Pee632
SEP - aoskwhite84
OCT - wallaby
NOV - ac-n-mike
DEC - anferneepenny

Congrats again to the Winners!

Also in 2009, Freaks added plenty of new features. Including, The High End Forum, Ehub, Vbookie, The Graded Forum, and the Personal Collection Display Forum! The High End Forum is for collectors who own high end cards and only want to trade and sell high end cards! Ehub shows the current Ebay listings for all of our Sportscardfreaks Members! The Graded Card Forum is for those guys out there who collect Graded Cards obviously! The Personnal Collection Forum is simply that! Show off what you got for all to see! Some of the Freaks members have some amazing collections, while others have some amazing starts to their new collections! We look forward to adding more features in 2010!

FEATURED CONTESTS ETC

Freaks also hosts its Annual Collectors Contest, where you members vote for who has the better Card, Set, Player Collection and Team Collection. The Here are the winners for 2009!

2009 COLLECTOR CONTEST

BEST CARD - 11eleven11
BEST PLAYER - mrgrosskopf
BEST TEAM - mrgrosskopf
BEST SET - ac-n-mike

RUNNER UPS

BEST CARD - ross9013
BEST PLAYER - Official Aristocrat DJ
BEST TEAM - Toysoldierz
BEST SET - tolrobb3

Stay tuned for this years' COLLECTORS CONTEST !

FEEDBACK AND POST LEADERS

Here are the top 10 in Positive Feedback as of 2009!
All 100% Positive Feedback Members!

1. ac-n-mike -- 723
2. ljmaya -- 396
3. woodman -- 216
4. iLikePie -- 213
5. Pee632 -- 190
6. Ground Support -- 187
7. Moosehead -- 182
8. kordell2000 -- 170
9. bhelser1981 -- 166
10. tazmocan -- 155

Top 10 All-Time Posters !

1. ac-n-mike
2. GotGibson?
3. tlw9191
4. cwells52
5. meloman315
6. Ground Support
7. Steve_O_21
8. fdp79
9. HaZeOfGrEEn
10. mrgrosskopf

TTM CONTEST

Freaks 1st Annual TTM/IP Auto contest featured some of the prized TTM/IP autos from Freak members. The autos had to be either a TTM request or an auto obtained in person. The contest featured such entries as a Barry Sanders TTM auto, Hank Aaron TTM auto and the winner entry belonged to Basshntr for his Broadway Joe Namath entry.

NEW PARTNERSHIPS

BlowoutCardsLogo.jpg

BLOWOUTCARDS

Headquartered in Sterling,Virginia, Blowoutcards.com is one of the world's largest online retailers of trading cards. Blowoutcards.com specializes in unopened sports card boxes and factory sealed cases. Their web site is also home to one of the most informative and active discussion forums. For over 20 years they have provided collectors and resellers with competitive prices and outstanding service. They continue to be the most reliable, honest and customer friendly distributors in the hobby. For more information, visit their website at BlowOutCards.com

sweet_banner_noshadow.png

SWEET SPOT GRAPHS

SSG is one of the best sources out there for Through The Mail and In Person autographing. Even though their community isn't a freaky size, they have so much knowledge of autographing that their member number is ignored. They have starting helping our forums in the short time we have had them here by answering questions you, the members, have about TTM/IP graphing. We look forward to more work with SSG in 2010!

THANK YOU

The Freaks Staff would like to thank all of the members for their input, dedication and effort into making this site great. We all look forward to growing even more in 2010 and we look forward to helping all of you Freaks with your collections. HAPPY NEW NEW ;)

--- SportsCardFreaks Staff

It was a great year here at FREAKS!!! So much progress has been made to make this the best, most fun, and safest trading site out there.

Thank you everyone for helping us prosper!

Looking forward to the next year with you FREAKS!

Good year!
2010 will be even better!

B.r.a.d found a new home and I got a sexy MJ (my first and only)

Shot out to all the refugees!

thanks everyone for letting me join.....it has been fun and a pleasure to be trading on here. hope 2 do a alot more in 2010!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

This is a Great Site for cards. Thank You for all the people that have been so great to me and helped me when i need it. Great Year on freaks looking for 2010 to be even better

A fun site no doubt, beats the hell out of the other anal retentive SCF...Thanks for havin me......ODB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back