Here is how it should be:

here is the problem I see these players are not getting paid to play yet. So by having a playoff they would have to play anywhere from1-4 more games. This makes it way to much of a risk for players who could go to the NFL. How would you feel if you were Darren Mcfadden looking at possibly being the number 1 pick overall in the NFL draft then blew your knee out in a playoff game. He would loses millions. As a fan I would love to see a playoff but for the players I say leave it alone

not all college stadiums are 80,000 but thats not really my point, the stadiums will fill. there is no doubt in my mind about that
I wouldn't pay $100 to see anyone but Georgia in one of these games. Plus people wouldn't be able to afford $400 just in tickets (if not more). Then you have you include travel and everything else. Though it would be nice, it isn't possible. Also, they would only hold these games at big stadiums which would be over 80,000.

here is the problem I see these players are not getting paid to play yet. So by having a playoff they would have to play anywhere from1-4 more games. This makes it way to much of a risk for players who could go to the NFL. How would you feel if you were Darren Mcfadden looking at possibly being the number 1 pick overall in the NFL draft then blew your knee out in a playoff game. He would loses millions. As a fan I would love to see a playoff but for the players I say leave it alone

But you could cut the regular season by a game or two(get rid of the cupcakes), cancel the meaningless conference championship games, and the 35 meaningless bowl games.

Take a cue from the other football divisions. 10-11 game regular season followed by a 16-32 team playoff. No team will play more than 15 games (several are currently slated for 14).

Won't happen though. Money talks and there's too much support (from us, the fans) for the current postseason format.

But you could cut the regular season by a game or two(get rid of the cupcakes), cancel the meaningless conference championship games, and the 35 meaningless bowl games.

Take a cue from the other football divisions. 10-11 game regular season followed by a 16-32 team playoff. No team will play more than 15 games (several are currently slated for 14).

Won't happen though. Money talks and there's too much support (from us, the fans) for the current postseason format.

Yep, your last statement hits the nail on the head. Too much money is made from the bowl games, even the crappy ones.

Why not a 4-8 team playoff, but still have the rest of the bowls :think:

I wouldn't pay $100 to see anyone but Georgia in one of these games. Plus people wouldn't be able to afford $400 just in tickets (if not more). Then you have you include travel and everything else. Though it would be nice, it isn't possible. Also, they would only hold these games at big stadiums which would be over 80,000.
where did you get 100 and 400 from? just curious. its not about what the fans want anymore, maybe not possible for you to travel to all four extra games but not everybody can afford to go to every game and that doesnt affect the system
the comment made earlier was that fans cant continuously travel to games and thus the stadiums wouldnt fill and i disagreed with that. fans will travel, no doubt about it. not every fan will but i cant afford to see oklahoma in their bowl game either but that wont stop them from playing it

and maybe they would hold these games at the bigger stadiums but that would only be the case if there was a lot of demand which i think there would be so there wouldnt be any problem filling the stands for these games

where did you get 100 and 400 from? just curious. its not about what the fans want anymore, maybe not possible for you to travel to all four extra games but not everybody can afford to go to every game and that doesnt affect the system
the comment made earlier was that fans cant continuously travel to games and thus the stadiums wouldnt fill and i disagreed with that. fans will travel, no doubt about it. not every fan will but i cant afford to see oklahoma in their bowl game either but that wont stop them from playing it

and maybe they would hold these games at the bigger stadiums but that would only be the case if there was a lot of demand which i think there would be so there wouldnt be any problem filling the stands for these games
BCS Bowl tickets are usually that price (at least for students at UGA). $100 per game, so $400 for 4 games.

Just some info I received from the UGAAA...

Bowl Game Location Date Ticket Price
Outback Bowl Tampa, FL Jan 1, 2008 $65
Capital One Bowl Orlando, FL Jan 1, 2008 $75
AT&T Cotton Bowl Dallas, TX Jan 1, 2008 $90
Allstate Sugar Bowl New Orleans, LA Jan 1, 2008 $125
Rose Bowl Pasadena, CA Jan 1, 2008 $135
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Phoenix, AZ Jan 2, 2008 $135
FedEx Orange Bowl Miami, FL Jan 3, 2008 $125
BCS Nat Title Game New Orleans, LA Jan 7, 2008 $175

4 games could be really expensive.

BCS Bowl tickets are usually that price (at least for students at UGA). $100 per game, so $400 for 4 games.

Just some info I received from the UGAAA...

Bowl Game Location Date Ticket Price
Outback Bowl Tampa, FL Jan 1, 2008 $65
Capital One Bowl Orlando, FL Jan 1, 2008 $75
AT&T Cotton Bowl Dallas, TX Jan 1, 2008 $90
Allstate Sugar Bowl New Orleans, LA Jan 1, 2008 $125
Rose Bowl Pasadena, CA Jan 1, 2008 $135
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Phoenix, AZ Jan 2, 2008 $135
FedEx Orange Bowl Miami, FL Jan 3, 2008 $125
BCS Nat Title Game New Orleans, LA Jan 7, 2008 $175

4 games could be really expensive.

ok, just wondering, and yeah it would get really expensive but there still wouldnt be any empty seats

Back