Cutler to Bears

I think Cutler and Orton will be just fine. Each of their respective teams saw something in each of them. I cant wait for the draft and especially for the season. Any point can be argued as to who is worth what but until they all have a chance to perform in their new circumstances you cant really pass any judgments.

Should be an interesting year. The Steelers are going to repeat anyway so this will al be an afterthought by then! haha. ;)

The Chiefs have a few weapons (Gonzalez, Bowe, Johnson) and a decent offensive line. I think Cassel will have a solid, if not good season.

yeah....I think he will too.....but everyone wants to sell him short because of the weapons he had in NE....while that helps.....you can't just assume that any average guy off the street (ChicagoBears34) can step into that system and throw the ball.

I think Cassel will be good for a little while. ;) He had some weapons but you have to have some skill to toss 4 tds in back to back games. Like I said before... looking forward to this season. Lots of changes were made.

pft...I doubt it....Cassel and Cutler are going from great situations to situations that aren't so great......Cutler had Eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall, and Tony Scheffler......now he has a Kick Returner to throw to. So don't be so quick to knock Cassel when you don't know how good Cutler will be with less talent to catch his passes.

You could have thrown Orton or Cutler into the Pats starting QB spot and they would have done what Cassel did...I wasn't knocking Cassel's talent I wouldn't mind him on the Bears either. But the fact is Cassel was in the most ideal place in the NFL. I understand we don't have receivers and its something that will also need to be addressed and will be at some time. And me saying that I could throw 1000 yards in that offense was obviously a joke, and you take it like its something serious...Next time I crack a joke, I'll put this (Joking) to avoid this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Broncos had the worst luck with their running backs last year. I just think that Cutler did well with what had there. Imagine now that he will actually have a good running game to balance out the offense, and while he might not throw for as many yards, he has a couple of good TE's to throw to - Greg Olson and Desmond Clark, and I'm sure they can either pick up a good veteran receiver or make do with what they currently have. Brandon Marshall gets suspended too much - lol. It can't be all bad - they got 2 San Jose State WR's. LOL! That is funny.

Broussard, John 15 WR 6-1 176 San Jose State 2 25
Davis, Rashied 81 WR 5-9 187 San Jose State 5 29

You could have thrown Orton or Cutler into the Pats starting QB spot and they would have done what Cassel did...I wasn't knocking Cassel's talent I wouldn't mind him on the Bears either. But the fact is Cassel was in the most ideal place in the NFL. I understand we don't have receivers and its something that will also need to be addressed and will be at some time. And me saying that I could throw 1000 yards in that offense was obviously a joke, and you take it like its something serious...Next time I crack a joke, I'll put this (Joking) to avoid this.

that's all speculation....Orton or Cutler might have been able to do what Cassel did but you don't know that....and yeah, you saying that you could throw for 1,000 yards, joking or not, is knocking Cassel's talent........you are saying that any average guy out there can step into the Pat's system and be successful......next time you crack a joke.....make sure you know what you are talking about and you can avoid this:salut:

that's all speculation....Orton or Cutler might have been able to do what Cassel did but you don't know that....and yeah, you saying that you could throw for 1,000 yards, joking or not, is knocking Cassel's talent........you are saying that any average guy out there can step into the Pat's system and be successful......next time you crack a joke.....make sure you know what you are talking about and you can avoid this:salut:

You read way to far into that comment then you should have. It was a joke plain and simple. I was not referring to an "average joe" could go in there and do what he did. Maybe you should go up and read my joke again I didn't say an average joe schmo could go in there I said I could go in there. It was an obvious joke, that had nothing to do with an average man going in there. I'm 5'7" and 240 pounds, I'd get fricken murdered and I can't throw a football more than maybe 40 yards if that...I do though think an average QB could go into the Patriots offense and do what Cassel did though. :salut:

Last edited by a moderator:
You read way to far into that comment then you should have. It was a joke plain and simple. I was not referring to an "average joe" could go in there and do what he did. Maybe you should go up and read my joke again I didn't say an average joe schmo could go in there I said I could go in there. It was an obvious joke, that had nothing to do with an average man going in there. I'm 5'7" and 240 pounds, I'd get fricken murdered...I do though think an average QB could go into the Patriots offense and do what Cassel did though. :salut:

so you're an average QB??? No...you are just an average guy:doh:....nevermind.

you said you could go in there (jokingly) then you go on to say that any average QB could go in there.....do you even read the stuff you type?

The average QB thing was obviously nothing geared toward me. Next time I'll clarify more by adding NFL in front of QB next time, so we can avoid this. :salut:

Back