Christian Encarnacion-Strand 2024 Topps #89B-65 1989 Topps - Black Foil 1/1 Rookie

That’s a heck of a hit…should be something you guys could sell for good money if you’re not Reds fans.
Thank you for responding. I’m glad I made him put it in a case now. He’s the luckiest 6 year old I know. I bought him a few packs last year and he got a Yordan Alvarez autograph. He’s gonna have to start picking my lottery ticket numbers. 🤣

Thank you for responding. I’m glad I made him put it in a case now. He’s the luckiest 6 year old I know. I bought him a few packs last year and he got a Yordan Alvarez autograph. He’s gonna have to start picking my lottery ticket numbers. 🤣
Sounds like a good plan for sure. What do you guys collect?

Sounds like a good plan for sure. What do you guys collect?
I used to collect when I was 8-12 years old, so 35+ years ago. Now I live vicariously through my 6 year old. He loves the Phillies, and commits every stat to memory. I just follow what he collects now, which is mostly Phillies players. Here’s a couple pics from a summer I spent in 1987, mailing cards to players, and requesting autographs. They sat in a box for 35 years. I finally found time about a year ago to put them on display.

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpeg
    IMG_0156.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 16
Those are awesome…Zeke was one of my idols growing up as a kid in Detroit. I’m sure our guy @kclj520 will appreciate that display as our resident TTM expert.
@Bryanlasater

Welcome to SCC, and my gosh what a collection you have! So glad you and your son enjoy the hobby as well, those are special memories for sure!

@AndyDrummond

Thanks for the heads up, tons of fun to see the cards, I had a few of these, but none of the HOF signatures as a kid for sure!!

Cheers!

Kevin

Back