Hockey Leafsfan1967's Mail Day Thread

A couple graded cards are on the way. I really don't bother with graded cards, but these were so cheap, I just couldn't help it. Keeping the Franson, and Bozak for my Leafs collection, and probably will sell the Bogosian when it gets here.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

More additions! The 03-04 Parkhurst Lupul rookie is out of 120. That is my 4th JVR Young Guns rookie, and the Franson FWA is my 2nd PSA Gem Mint 10. The previous one is an error. Check out the serial number on the other one? It's out of 996 instead of 999. :D

$_12.JPG

Last edited:
Added this beauty this weekend from another HI deal. Some of you may not know this, but David Keon refused to sign autographs for years for any card companies. He would occassionally sign the odd through the mail request, but never anything Toronto Maple Leafs related. He even refused to come to the 40 year reunion dinner put on for the last Leafs team to win the Stanley Cup. The reason why he was so bitter all those years is that he was angry for the Leafs dealing him to the Hartford Whalers. It seems like he's starting to come around these days as he's been signing some cards for a few different In The Game products. This is my 2nd Keon auto, but just couldn't pass up the opportunity to add this to my Leafs PC. Keon is an icon in Leaf land. Too bad he was bitter all those years, but what can you do? This is from the brand new 2014 ITG release called Lord Stanley's Mug. These cards don't scan very well, so I took this one off ebay, as it was taken by a digital camera, but still doesn't capture the cared properly. Apparently these are gorgeous in hand, and very shiny. We'll see shortly when it gets here.

$_57.JPG

Added this Mogilny auto, Bure auto, and this Fleury rookie (sample) last night. Mogilny doesn't have very many autographs out there over the years, and adding a Bure hard signed auto for 410.50 was a no brainer. Not sure what the deal is with this sample Marc-Andre Fleury 03-04 UD Ice rookie, but I took a shot at it for just $3.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

a few more great pickups Troy! we do need an update on your parkhurst autographs ... how many are you missing to complete the set?

Been well over a month since I've picked up any new cards. Did get this one for the Leafs PC in today, and the best part of it was it was only half of what they normally sell for. :D

great looking Future Watch Autograph.... someday I need to take a trip "up north" to see exactly what that PC looks like!

great looking Future Watch Autograph.... someday I need to take a trip "up north" to see exactly what that PC looks like!

I need to start hitting up MIS again some day like I use to do when I was younger. That way I could meet you along the way, and we can take in some racing. Man, those were the good old days. Believe it, or not, I use to book my 4 weeks holidays around nascar races. Use to take 1 week for each of the two Michigan races, and 2 weeks to go to the Daytona 500.

Nope, you aren't seeing double. Scooped up two of these real cheap tonight. One for me, and one to trade down the road to a young collector friend of mine from Winnipeg. No ties to the Leafs on Little, but he was a star player here in Barrie for my hometown Barrie Colts of the OHL junior league. Have to pick up a Mark Schiefele one of these, as he was also a Barrie Colt star, and funny enough ended up in Winnipeg with Little. Another Barrie Colt will be drafted next Friday at the NHL Entry Draft, Defenseman Aaron Ekblad could go first overall to Florida, so looking forward to next week. I'm hoping Toronto can work out a deal with Florida to move up to the #1 pick, and get Ekblad. They need a stud D-Man like him to build around.

$(KGrHqZ,!lgFC2rGW2CRBRBdRROwRQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16NHJF0E9nmFQiegBRBdUcsNzQ~~60_57.JPG

Wow, alot of new goodies, nice stuff Troy. :)

Thanks, buddy! Good to see you around! Picked up a Vlad Tarasenko Young Guns, a Morgan Rielly SP Authentic Future Watch Auto, and an SP Authentic Limited base auto of James van Riemsdyk. I will scan them, and post them here when they arrive.

This isn't mine, but exactly what I'm getting. I know, JVR has one of the worst autos in the NHL, but what can you do. Same goes for the Rielly below. Mine is similiar to this one. I will replace these with my own scans when the cards arrive.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
Back