College Picks.....

What are your thoughts on Clemson vs. GT?

I do not even know the spread. What is it?

Interesting game. Spread started at Clemson -2, last I checked it was Clemson +2. I am still kicking myself for not getting in when it was at -2! Obviously the coaching change at this stage of the game is going to have an effect. GA Tech last week didn't show Clemson anything. It was clear that Tech was looking past Garner Webb. Expect to see a totally different Tech team. However, I think the coaching change will ultimately help Clemson, but not in this game. It will take a week or two for them to get going. I like Ga Tech -2. Should be a good game though!

Interesting game. Spread started at Clemson -2, last I checked it was Clemson +2. I am still kicking myself for not getting in when it was at -2! Obviously the coaching change at this stage of the game is going to have an effect. GA Tech last week didn't show Clemson anything. It was clear that Tech was looking past Garner Webb. Expect to see a totally different Tech team. However, I think the coaching change will ultimately help Clemson, but not in this game. It will take a week or two for them to get going. I like Ga Tech -2. Should be a good game though!

I have not checked the box score yet, but from what I head, GT was palying its 3rd string QB since the top two were banged up and resting for Clemson. I would not read too much into Gardner Webb

I have not checked the box score yet, but from what I head, GT was palying its 3rd string QB since the top two were banged up and resting for Clemson. I would not read too much into Gardner Webb

Exactly. That game not a good indication of what they will bring on Saturday. That spread will probably get up to -3.5 or -4 by game time.

Here's my Saturday plays:

Wake Forest -2.5
Oklahoma State -17
Kansas State +3.5
South Florida -24
South Florida/Syracuse UNDER 50
Wisconsin +4
Ohio State -3
Penn State -24.5
USC -42.5
UCLA +2.5
Oregon State -16
Arizona +2.5
Kentucky -7
San Jose State -2.5
Connecticut -1 (It's a win/win for me, I'll be at the game)
Georgia Tech -2
Ole Miss +13.5
Troy -8

Hopefully gonna be a productive day for me. Good luck.

even though the games are half done, i'll post a few of my picks

Wisc +4 (lost)
Wake -2 (lost)
Akron -4.5 (won)
USC over 58 (won)
Neb -7.5 (won)
Northwestern -4 (won)
Texas Tech -20.5 (lost)
Ga Tech -2 (won)
Miami -3 (won)
Troy -8 (pending)
Troy over 45 (pending)
Ohio St. -3.5 (won)
Pitt -2.5 (won)
N. Carolina -4 (lost)
Utah +21.5 (won)
Michigan +24.5 (lost)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty much even right now, 4 and 4 because I also called in the over in the Duke Miami game while I was at the Rutgers game.

Might call and add North Texas soon.

UGLY! don't touch it. Spread is to high. I think Georgia will win by 7-10, but won't cover, just like almost every game they have played this year. Vandy's offense is terrible. They should play harder this weekend after that embarrassing loss last weekend. Either way, I would stay away from this game.

quoted my own post for truth! haha

I think you are going to hate me.....
Bama hasn't had a true test. I know what you're thinking....Georgia, Clemson, etc.

Bama had an amazing game plan against Georgia. They made them look pathetic. The lack of closing in the second half was questionable. The real tell is going to be that Kentucky game. Kentucky exposed quite a bit and the fact that 'Bama couldn't walk away with it even after the quick start worries me. I'm not going to say that 'Bama is going to lose, however, 13.5 is high. I look for 'Bama to sneak past. This game will probably give the country their best look at if 'Bama is for real. Living so close to Abalama I get to listen to a lot of the homers around here who think this is the greatest team on turf. I give Saban a ton of credit for a remarkable turn around, however, I haven't fully bought into them.
I say take 'Ole Miss and the points. This is another game that I don't like at all. I could be way off, but I just think 'Ole Miss will give them everything they can handle and I look for a similar game as Kentucky vs 'Bama.

I heart myself!

Back